Main Menu

The European Science Fiction Convention 2014

Started by Mike Carroll, 18 August, 2014, 01:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

I'll be appearing at this year's European Science Fiction Convention this coming weekend (22-24 August 2014) in Dublin!

Other guests of honour include Jim Fitzpatrick, Seanan McGuire, Andrzej Sapkowski and Ylva Spångberg. Plus, of course, there'll be lots and lots of other guests (Eurocons tend to only name the Guests of Honour, for historical reasons that escape me).

Do come along - it'll be a blast!

-- Mike

Colin YNWA

Okay, okay - previously all this had been really good fun and it was great to see someone come good. I reckon this is just bragging now!

Mike Carroll

There'll be two 2000AD panels at this year's Eurocon!

Friday, August 22, 17:00. Room: Lansdowne
Rough Guide to 2000AD
Panel: Michael Carroll, Janet O'Sullivan, James Brophy
Don't know your Chopper from your Strontium Dogs? And what the drek is a Prog? Judge Dredd writer Michael Carroll and a panel of experts will guide you through the world, from the Megacities to Sláine to Future Shocks to Sinister Dexter and maybe even share a few secrets along the way.

Sunday, August 24, 12:00. Room: Munster
Women of 2000AD
Panel: Michael Carroll, Maura McHugh, Janet O'Sullivan
Small in number, but mighty in influence - Women characters and creators of 2000AD.

Plus there's a chance that the prog might get the odd mention during my Guest of Honour interview on Saturday at noon in the Pembroke room...

You can find my full schedule here!

-- Mike