Main Menu

The Expanse

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 19 December, 2015, 09:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Enjoyed it and definitely left for a spin off.

Is there any reason for the name drop for "Aliens" just before the drop or just paying homage the writers fav film?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 16 January, 2022, 09:34:30 PM
Is there any reason for the name drop for "Aliens" just before the drop or just paying homage the writers fav film?

The screen showing the assault team's names was full of references, not just to Aliens:

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 January, 2022, 07:00:49 AM

The screen showing the assault team's names was full of references, not just to Aliens:

Good spot it was only the Aliens ones that stood out for me. Now I'm trying to name the films the characters are in (without google) it will while away the morning 😁

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 17 January, 2022, 07:53:24 AM

Good spot it was only the Aliens ones that stood out for me. Now I'm trying to name the films the characters are in (without google) it will while away the morning 😁

Too late, someone on another forum had already beaten you to the punch and wrote them all down.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 17 January, 2022, 08:16:22 AM

Too late, someone on another forum had already beaten you to the punch and wrote them all down.

I'll soldier on the without looking for 24 hours then I'll search for the answers - so far pick out 6 films but struggling now - I sooo want "Rico J" to be Judge Rico 😁 when it's confirmed.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 17 January, 2022, 08:43:44 AM
I sooo want "Rico J" to be Judge Rico 😁 when it's confirmed.

Surely it'll be this guy - "I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill 'em all!"
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 17 January, 2022, 08:57:19 AM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 17 January, 2022, 08:43:44 AM
I sooo want "Rico J" to be Judge Rico 😁 when it's confirmed.

Surely it'll be this guy - "I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill 'em all!"

That makes more sense Trooper 😉

Jim_Campbell

Good spot it was only the Aliens ones that stood out for me.

It was, but I can't take credit for it — I naffed that image from John Freeman's FB feed.

QuoteNow I'm trying to name the films the characters are in (without google) it will while away the morning 😁

Hint: not just films...

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 January, 2022, 09:35:56 AM
Good spot it was only the Aliens ones that stood out for me.

It was, but I can't take credit for it — I naffed that image from John Freeman's FB feed.

QuoteNow I'm trying to name the films the characters are in (without google) it will while away the morning 😁

😳 that's me fecked then - I'm up to 7 films I hope!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 17 January, 2022, 10:24:55 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 January, 2022, 09:35:56 AM
😳 that's me fecked then - I'm up to 7 films I hope!
Think I'm up to ten. A couple of the others ring a bell but otherwise I'm stumped.  Fun.
We never really die.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I'm pretty sure the top left one is a reference to the character Betty Draper from the popular series Madmen.  Below her is Star Wars' own Admiral Ackbar, whom many rappers would tell you is the original G. Then there's Dennis Quaid, who was in sci-fi classics such as Enemy Mine and Inner Space, followed by everyone's favourite Avenger, Da Bowman. At the bottom is the ambiguously gendered Commander Shepherd from Mass Effect. At the top of the next column is a reference to the Actor who played Geordie Laforge, none other than levAr Burton.

That's as far as I've got.
You may quote me on that.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mister Pops on 17 January, 2022, 12:13:34 PM
Then there's Dennis Quaid, who was in sci-fi classics such as Enemy Mine and Inner Space

Or possibly Doug Quaid, Arnie's character in Total Recall.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 January, 2022, 12:14:55 PM
Quote from: Mister Pops on 17 January, 2022, 12:13:34 PM
Then there's Dennis Quaid, who was in sci-fi classics such as Enemy Mine and Inner Space

Or possibly Doug Quaid, Arnie's character in Total Recall.

Also Colin Farrell's character in Total Recall.
You may quote me on that.

Barrington Boots

Haven't seen this episode but Burton and Draper are Amos and Bobbie I'm guessing?

I see Star Wars, Total Recall, Aliens, Last Starfighter, Terminator, Blade Runner, Battlestar Galactica, Dune, Tron, Star Trek, 2001, possibly Spaceballs referenced here and there's loads of others I haven't got. I think there's also a Mass Effect reference, which means there could also be a Halo one...

Barrington Boots

And Starship Troopers obviously! Oops!