Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

Strange one, and bit niche no doubt, but any possibility that Bob Byrne's stuff might be collected? I'm not even sure how much he produced for 2000AD, but i was a massive fan of his biographical stuff back in the days when i'd fallen away from comic books.

IndigoPrime

According to Barney, his output to date is 120 pages, which would be a pretty skinny book for this series (but not uncommon in some other partworks).

Rately

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 September, 2020, 02:50:32 PM
According to Barney, his output to date is 120 pages, which would be a pretty skinny book for this series (but not uncommon in some other partworks).

Cheers!

I'd be happy to hunt down the issues anyway, but i'll hold off in case he makes it into the Ultimate Collection.

davidbishop

Quote from: dossa1uk on 30 September, 2020, 01:32:52 PM
I can confirm the collection has been extended to 140.

Finally a chance for the WORST OF BISHOP collection the world has been craving!
Soul Sisters!
Dead Men Walking!
The Straitjacket Fits!
And several mediocre to poor one-offs!
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

leethomson

Trooper McFad

I'm happy they have extended and will pick up the few collections to fill in some gaps of my Tooth library. For the most part their volumes have been good quality and I do prefer a HC to paper back. The issue I have is the lack of availability of back issues. I didn't subscribe as I couldn't justify the expense of double dipping to the wife and there's stuff I didn't want.
With Hachette not holding back stock and the Rebellion shop running down their stocks in favour of digital that unfortunately leaves any newcomers, lapsed fans or the likes of me who missed out at the time of release who prefer a physical book to hold will now have to keep trawling the auction sites with our fingers crossed to pick up any gems at affordable prices.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Max Headroom

Complete Defoe, Stickleback and The Order for the extension? I certainly hope so!!

abelardsnazz

More Dredd/Future Shocks? Hopefully more John Smith - Revere and Cradlegrave. And Armoured Gideon! What else is on the wishlist?

IndigoPrime

Oh, man. Armoured Gideon would be fantastic.

Tomwe

Just spent some time paging through Barney looking at the thrills missing so far from the 500-800 era where I came in. Armoured Gideon, The War Machine and selected ...Dogs (Steve Pugh etc) are what jump out. Obv Luke Kirby would be a good choice but I have that already. Similarly, FINN was excellent (I've just been reading Mills' history of 2000ad) but that should follow 3rd World War into print first?

IndigoPrime

The series has been so Mills-heavy, I can't imagine we won't get Finn, although I personally really didn't like that strip for all the obvious reasons. War Machine would be an odd omission if it didn't happen. I imagine 29 additional volumes means a reasonable amount of Dredd will rock up. Luke Kirby would be an obvious once, since Rebellion already has the content ready and has issued its own volume.

Beyond finishing out series that got cut off in the main run (Kingdom, etc.) and, again, Armoured Gideon, I'd like to also see Medivac (assuming rights issues can be dealt with), the rest of The Order, Hope, The Dead, Necronauts, Revere, more Lawless (although this would be very awkward if the 'no duplication' rule is adhered to), Cradlegrave (not sure how—perhaps back with other horror, like, hey Necronauts!), Leviathan and Age of the Wolf.

I just hope the objective quality level stays high.

Rately

Really would love to see Revere again after all these years. The art was phenomenal, and the story was, from what i remember, suitably odd.

Have Cradlegrave in GN form, but would love it in Hardback, as it is probably one of my favourite stories since i came back to reading 2000AD.

mitchuk

Got my Dante figure today, I can foresee quite a few complaints about bent or broken guns.

IndigoPrime

Swerty

so glad this has been extended.Hope it gets extended again again