Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidbishop

One day Wun Man an' his Dug will be reprinted!

[Hopefully.]

The Monarch

how did brit cit babes get reprinted TWICE and wan man and his dug has never had one?

davidbishop

Quote from: The Monarch on 06 November, 2021, 05:00:26 AM
how did brit cit babes get reprinted TWICE and wan man and his dug has never had one?

One had a Bolland cover, one didn't?

The Monarch

i mean i wish that wasn't the reason but that totally was the reason

davidbishop

The Bolland cover explains why Brit-Cit Babes gets reprinted. I've never understood why the Middenface that ran alongside it has never been back in print again, unless it relates to the original printing films. The colouring was done on blue lines in a very specific style, unlike anything else. Perhaps there is a reproduction issue that prevents the Middenface from being re-run?

Bad Andy

Quote from: sintec on 05 November, 2021, 08:52:45 PM
<looks at Barney>... all of Middenface's solo appearances in the Meg would fit in a single Hachette volume.

Have we had any Meg content in this range? Not really been paying attention

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Bad Andy on 07 November, 2021, 10:49:50 AM
Quote from: sintec on 05 November, 2021, 08:52:45 PM
<looks at Barney>... all of Middenface's solo appearances in the Meg would fit in a single Hachette volume.

A handful of stories: a Future Shock in Shakara volume 1, some Cam Kennedy Dredds, and Dominion & Torture Garden.

sintec

Quote from: Bad Andy on 07 November, 2021, 10:49:50 AM

A little.

Released:
Vol 1: The Art Of Kenny Who?
Who? Dares Wins
Blackout
Beyond Our Kenny

Vol 57: Shakara
Future Shock - Multiplicity

Vol 92: Fiends of The Eastern Front
Stalingrad

vol95: Dominion
Dominion
Torture Garden

Upcoming confirmed:
vol 94: The Small House
The Man Comes Around

Upcoming specultion:
Vol ?: Blunt
Blunt 1-3

vol ? Post Smith Devlin Waugh

I see abelardsnazz beat me to the reply - I've made the list now though so...

Bad Andy

Thanks guys. How did Shakara end up in the Meg? & Fiends for that matter?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Bad Andy on 07 November, 2021, 06:51:50 PM
Shakara didn't. It's just a Future Shock to fill out the page count.

Fiends was supposed to be in the Prog but then got repackaged for the Meg due to scheduling conflicts or something.
We never really die.

davidbishop

Quote from: I, Cosh on 07 November, 2021, 07:47:47 PM

Fiends was supposed to be in the Prog but then got repackaged for the Meg due to scheduling conflicts or something.

Fiends: Stalingrad was always intended for the Meg, commissioned by Alan Barnes as six episodes of eight pages each. When Matt took charge of the Meg, he asked for the scripts to be rewritten as eight episodes of six pages each, so they were.

I, Cosh

Quote from: davidbishop on 07 November, 2021, 09:22:01 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 07 November, 2021, 07:47:47 PM

Fiends: Stalingrad was always intended for the Meg, commissioned by Alan Barnes as six episodes of eight pages each. When Matt took charge of the Meg, he asked for the scripts to be rewritten as eight episodes of six pages each, so they were.
Ah, sorry. I remembered the part about it getting resized and, apparently, made everything else up!
We never really die.

credo

Just received the Tyranny Rex volume and it's a lovely book. Contains all the mainline stories from 'Tyranny Rex' (Progs 566-568) through to The Comeback (Progs 1395-1399), including the Sci-Fi Special story from 1988 (titled 'Playing God' here), 'Systems of Romance' from the 1989 Sci-Fi Special and 'Bitter Fruit from the 1994 Yearbook.

Alas it doesn't include the 3 text stories from the late '80s early '90s specials/yearbooks, the Steve Sampson drawn tale from the 1989 Winter Special, or the recent Katy Rex written tale from the 2018 Sci-Fi special. I think only one of the text stories is at all connected to the main narrative though.

Really pleased to see this stuff collected though. Deus Ex Machina is one of the highlights of the '90s for me. Up there with John Smith's best work.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: credo on 08 November, 2021, 11:44:11 AM
Alas it doesn't include the 3 text stories from the late '80s early '90s specials/yearbooks

Not entirely surprised that the Mark Buckingham-illustrated "Touched by the Hand of Brendan" hasn't been reprinted, given that it featured mildly scurrilous and barely disguised versions of Grant Morrison and Mark Millar. :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

So we're, what, one and a half collections from the end now? Under Hachette's terms, you have around a month to tell them if you want to end with 112. I'm not surprised we're not getting a list of what's coming up, but it is a pity. (I guess it wouldn't typically happen with a periodical and I'm not sure it's happened with other partworks, but it did with this one last time.)