Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

No hints about anything. Hachette support hasn't got (or won't share) the full list. Oddly, Forbidden Planet also appears to have stopped listing issues after 108, for some reason.

moly

They have cradle grave 113 and sinister dexter 114 on the forbidden planet website

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 22 December, 2021, 11:53:25 AM
Strontium Dogs book 1 is volume number 114 and contains:

The Tax Dodge
The "Nobody Wants This Job" Job
Island of the Damned
Ring My Bell
Dead Man's Hand

Huh. What an odds and sods collection. What on earth is 'Ring my Bell?'
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Quote from: moly on 22 December, 2021, 09:19:12 PM
They have cradle grave 113 and sinister dexter 114 on the forbidden planet website
Huh. I couldn't find them earlier today. Odd.

Swerty

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 22 December, 2021, 10:16:41 PM
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 22 December, 2021, 11:53:25 AM
Strontium Dogs book 1 is volume number 114 and contains:

The Tax Dodge
The "Nobody Wants This Job" Job
Island of the Damned
Ring My Bell
Dead Man's Hand

Huh. What an odds and sods collection. What on earth is 'Ring my Bell?'

The Durham Red episode from 1993 Yearbook The Golden Mile reprint called Ring My Bell for some reason?

Hackenbush

[/quote]

The Durham Red episode from 1993 Yearbook The Golden Mile reprint called Ring My Bell for some reason?
[/quote]

Yes - from Barney:

The Golden Mile (2000AD Yearbook 1993) 6 pages
Script: Alan Grant, Artist: Carlos Ezquerra
Reprinted as Ring My Bell.
Reprinted
Judge Dredd Megazine 320

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Hackenbush on 22 December, 2021, 07:59:47 PM

Are there any hints in the text about whether we get 2 or three Strontium Dogs volumes?

The intro says that the next volume will include the Steve Pugh & Nigel Dobbyn stories, and also appears to indicate the Tales from the Doghouse won't be included. So possibly just one more.

sintec

Some end of the year/end of the extension stats:

• Hachette have collected ~49% of the stories printed in the prog so far across the 2 collections!
  • The most recent prog we have a story from is Brink from prog 2169.
  • There are 205 progs from which we've had 0 stories. 93 of those are post 2169.
  • There are 142 progs from which we've had all of the stories.
This graph shows the % of stories printed each year that've been collected. I've broken things down by extension as well as collection as I wanted to see how the spread in the 1st UC extension compared to the initial run.

I hadn't realised at the time but the extension has been largely drawn from "modern" (post 2000) progs. There's a chunk of 70s strips, a few bits scattered through the late 80s and 90s (mostly John Smith) but the vast bulk of it's content has been drawn from strips from 2000-2019. That it's also been a really srong run speaks volumes for the quality of the stories in the prog in this era.

The Monarch

also the spine appears to have part of finn on it confirming that the sketch we previously saw appears to be the middle half of the new spine

Dark Jimbo

That is some sexy, sexy stuff Sintec!
@jamesfeistdraws

Richard

Quotefrom Barney:

Reprinted as Ring My Bell

Actually it was titled Ring My Bell in its original publication, that's the title that appears on the Yearbook's contents page. "The Golden Mile" was wrongly identified as the title because those are the words which appear in bold type in the narration box in the first panel. Several stories on Barney are erroneously attributed titles in this way.

The Corinthian

Quote from: Richard on 23 December, 2021, 09:14:55 PM
Quotefrom Barney:

Reprinted as Ring My Bell

Actually it was titled Ring My Bell in its original publication, that's the title that appears on the Yearbook's contents page. "The Golden Mile" was wrongly identified as the title because those are the words which appear in bold type in the narration box in the first panel. Several stories on Barney are erroneously attributed titles in this way.

The best one is the Future Shock from Prog 1872, which is called 'The Modular War' and has that title prominently displayed on the page. Barney thinks it's called 'Connection Lost', because those words appear on a screen in the background of the action on the same page.

abelardsnazz

The Hachette site is now showing issue 115: ABC Warriors Return to Earth. Just Mills and Langley credited so presumably no Ro-Busters content.

Max Headroom

According to Barney, 'ABC Warriors: Return To Earth' took up 74 pages and Hachette have their title comprising 112 pages; so something else is going to have to be in there!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 27 December, 2021, 07:00:22 PM
According to Barney, 'ABC Warriors: Return To Earth' took up 74 pages and Hachette have their title comprising 112 pages; so something else is going to have to be in there!

Of course; it's going to be Return to Earth and Return to Mars. Then a final volume collecting Return to Ro-Busters and Fallout.

The big question, though - will we get Blackblood: General Public...?
@jamesfeistdraws