Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sintec on 09 February, 2022, 12:20:21 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 09 February, 2022, 10:13:05 AM
Add in the fact that Book 4 is volume 137 - making a Book 6 volume 139 - and does this pretty much confirm that there are four Sin/Dex volumes coming in the extension?

I'd been wondering the same thing Jimbo but I've not read any of these before so it's much harder to make the guesses (beyond what fits in the page counts). My only conclusion was that the next book(s) would follow the Meg floppies 376-379 which is basically the same list you've got. I'd actually be entirely happy with this being a 4 book run as that'd bring us pretty much up to where I started buying 2000AD.

After my book 5, which will be volume 138, there's roughly another 300 pages to take us right to the end of The War of the Moses arc with Prog 2012's Now and Again - too much for one book. It just seems to make sense that volumes 137 - 140 will all be Sin/Dex.
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

Just bounced over to the FB page as I thought I might see if I could get any confirmation on how many SinDex vols we're expecting.  Spotted this:

Quote from: Dan HowardHi again, I've seen others ask but haven't seen an answer but will Armoured Gideon be appearing anywhere in the extension? Thanks.
Quote from: 2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection
Hey Dan,
We don't have Armoured Gideon on our issue listing.
Thanks!

How definitive that is who knows but I think pretty much everyone had that on their speculation list.

IndigoPrime

Bah. Not surprised, but a missed opportunity, I'd say. It's not like we'll get that in print anywhere else. Oh well.

Jade Falcon

Any idea yet on a definitive number and issue list on the extension?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 09 February, 2022, 09:46:33 PM
Any idea yet on a definitive number and issue list on the extension?

Numbers wise it's stil set to be 140. We've not had a definitive list of what's in there, it doesn't seem like they want to share that sadly. Plenty of speculation upthread.

Jade Falcon

When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

Especially considering you could have a new one for less - https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/2000-ad-ultimate-collection/slaine-the-horned-god/

Oxfam ceased to be a good place to buy 2nd hand stuff many years ago.

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 09 February, 2022, 10:13:05 AM
Add in the fact that Book 4 is volume 137 - making a Book 6 volume 139 - and does this pretty much confirm that there are four Sin/Dex volumes coming in the extension?

I prodded them on FB to see if they'd give us any info.

Hi Dave, apologies for the delay in the response!
We can confirm there will be 7 volumes of Sinister Dexter.
Thanks!

Which means with the 3 in the initial run we must be getting 4 volumes in the extension filling 137-140. That puts Sin/Dex up with the other big hitters in terms of number of volumes.

sintec

Latest delivery just arrived. Two fairly slim volumes this time around.

Brass Sun vol 1 is just the first 2 stories (Wheel Of Worlds, Diamond age). I'd hoped we might get the first 3 here and maybe an Edington one-off to pad out vol 2. I guess not. Which is a shame but there we go.

ABC warriors is similraly just the first 2 Return to books (Earth & Mars). Next one will clearly be Return To Robusters + something (my money's on some Ro-busters although I'd prefer Fallout as I've got the Nuts and Bolts collections of Ro-busters).

The Monarch

gotta be the robusters stuff not in the collection already charlies on the spine

Max Headroom

'Fallout' would be much the better fit as then we would have ABC Warriors up-to-date and completed. Leaving the story unfinished in the Ultimate Collection would not be great.

sintec

Terra-Meks is just 27 pages according to Barney. In theory there'd be space for Return To Ro-busters, Fallout and Terra-Meks. Fingers crossed that's the line up we get.

The Corinthian

Quote from: sintec on 21 February, 2022, 12:44:20 PM
Brass Sun vol 1 is just the first 2 stories (Wheel Of Worlds, Diamond age). I'd hoped we might get the first 3 here and maybe an Edington one-off to pad out vol 2. I guess not. Which is a shame but there we go.

That'll be a no from me on this volume, but if they can squeeze the three remaining serials into a vol 2, I'd be tempted.

Dark Jimbo

Hi Dave, apologies for the delay in the response!
We can confirm there will be 7 volumes of Sinister Dexter.

Speculation time!

Volume 5 (200 pages):

...And Death have shall have no Dumb Minions - 55pp
Festive Spirits - 5pp
Malone - 35pp
Places to go, people to do - 30pp
Pros and Cons - 20pp
The Last Thing I do - 30pp
The Doctor Is In - 20pp
Normal Service - 5pp

Volume 6* (200 pages):
*All the stories hereon are drawn by Anthony Williams, which means they all blur together a bit in my mind. Maybe there's a few that aren't strictly necessary to the ongoing story and could be dropped?

Life is an Open Casket - 30pp
Yer Ass from Yer Elbow - 10pp
The Bournemouth Identity - 20pp
Desperately Fleeing Ernest - 25pp
Wish U Were Here - 30pp
Rush from her with Love - 15pp
Watch with Motherfunter - 5pp
Better the Devil You Know - 25pp
The Why Shaped Cut - 30pp

Volume 7 (111 pages):

Are you Being Severed? - 30pp
Charon's Crossing - 25pp
Inverse Ninjas Rule - 6pp
The Dead-End Job - 24pp
Dirty Deeds done Cheap - 16pp
Now and Again - 10pp

And that's the end of War of the Moses. Obviously there's a bit of room in that last volume for more material, particularly if you bumped a few stories back into vol 6. If they do that, then they could just about squeeze in the next two mini-arcs Witless Protection at 65 pages, and The Generican Dream at 51.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Monarch

spine watch 2022

mean arena is 118 and it is a part of the spine we have never seen before! I am unfortunatly drawing a blank on whats on the spine for this part though