Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Interesting, since that skips over Roadhouse and Tax Dodge, along with a couple of other tales. I'm still very tempted by this collection if it happens, but wondering how 'complete' certain series are going to be (rather than having two copies of Strontium Dog, etc., on the creaking living room shelves.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 April, 2017, 09:13:40 AM
Interesting, since that skips over Roadhouse and Tax Dodge, along with a couple of other tales. I'm still very tempted by this collection if it happens, but wondering how 'complete' certain series are going to be (rather than having two copies of Strontium Dog, etc., on the creaking living room shelves.
I seriously doubt it's going to be Complete for each character. Sounds like they have cherry-picked a SD jumping on point. There will be even more questions for the FB page with this collection than with the JDMC!

The Monarch

cherry picking would be a good way to go...hell could that get me a hardcover canon fod....nah never happen not in a millions years

Mardroid

I still plan on getting all the JD books, but i think I'll cherry pick with this collection too, should it be published mainstream. I've all the Strontium Dog books ( minus the very latest) so i don't really want to double dip.

On the other hand I have only a few Dredd case file so happy to go the Hatchette for his stuff.

Swerty

Be nice to see a few rare deleted titles get a reprint in this collection like Savage or Invasion!

Mattofthespurs

Well, that was a pleasant surprise.
This morning I had a large, heavy package delivered and within contained the first 4 issues of the Ultimate Collection.
A letter explaining that the series has been paused whilst they decide whether to continue or not at a later date and thanking me for my interest.
As a thank you they included the first 4 issues for which I have not been charged for.
What lovely fellows!  :D

rogue69

just got my copies this morning along with a letter saying about the run being paused, I hope they look at the internet pre orders as well as the shop sells & restart it soon

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: rogue69 on 29 April, 2017, 09:29:24 AM
just got my copies this morning along with a letter saying about the run being paused, I hope they look at the internet pre orders as well as the shop sells & restart it soon

Me too.
This was my first look at the books and they are very, very nice.

JamesC

Me too. Four books and a lovely big poster! I'm really impressed with the quality.
Here are some pics for anyone who's interested:

moly

Argh waiting for my postman to turn up now fingers crossed

Geoff

I just collected mine from the Post Office, what nice surprise! Books are lovely and great customer service.

moly

Received mine,  very impressed with the quality they just need to chase the spine image, can't wait to they hopefully start the full run

Geoff

Quote from: moly on 29 April, 2017, 12:01:09 PM
Received mine,  very impressed with the quality they just need to chase the spine image, can't wait to they hopefully start the full run

I'd agree about the spine art, what about Chris Weston, Staples, Flint or Tom Foster....

robert_ellis

I received the first four today as well. They look great and I'm amazed they haven't increased the price. At ten pounds these are amazing value. I love the endpapers & text pieces. The front design is a bit generic - I miss the bold b&w covers of the mega collection. I'm guessing colour covers sell better? I'd like to hear a guarantee that there's no overlap with the previous collection - I really don't need another Apocalypse War or Cursed Earth!

walrus

I had mine turn up today. I only got three though, no Slaine one so no poster.

They do look good though. Hope it makes it to a complete run.