Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

awesome. That'll give me a mismatched pair of trades- but a complete story!

Arkady

Will the Kingdom book really just have the first three stories? If so do we expect it to be the only Kingdom volume? I was on hiatus when the strip started and missed everything before Aux Drift...

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Arkady on 04 September, 2017, 04:06:20 PM
Will the Kingdom book really just have the first three stories?...

What do you mean by 'just'? That's a decent page count for a £10 book!
@jamesfeistdraws

A.Cow

Quote from: Magnetica on 03 September, 2017, 06:13:53 PM
I read the Rebellion Nemesis vols 2 and 3 on my recent holiday. I can't understand why they put that at the end. It meant when you were reading the stories from the Prog that events were referred to that you hadn't seen yet

That's Khaos for you.

Arkady

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 04 September, 2017, 04:08:25 PM
Quote from: Arkady on 04 September, 2017, 04:06:20 PM
Will the Kingdom book really just have the first three stories?...

What do you mean by 'just'? That's a decent page count for a £10 book!

I'm sure you're right, I'm just wondering whether we should expect the 4th-6th/7th stories to be collected in a second volume.

oddballuk

Reply on Facebook RE: Strontium Dog

QuoteThere are no current plans for the Starlord-published Strontium Dog stories to be included.

Thanks for the interest!

Glad I haven't tried selling off my Search/Destroy Files yet.

Steve Green

That's a shame.

S/D seems to get short changed in the collected editions - limited stories in the Titans, B/W repro on colour stories of the TPBs.

IndigoPrime

QuoteThere are no current plans for the Starlord-published Strontium Dog stories to be included. Thanks for the interest!
That's a really sad, strange and disappointing decision. If we're getting every scrap of Sláine, it's a crying shame to omit one book of Strontium Dog, not least given that means you can't 'replace' your existing phonebooks with the hardbacks. Gah.

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 September, 2017, 06:05:26 PM
QuoteThere are no current plans for the Starlord-published Strontium Dog stories to be included. Thanks for the interest!
That's a really sad, strange and disappointing decision. If we're getting every scrap of Sláine, it's a crying shame to omit one book of Strontium Dog, not least given that means you can't 'replace' your existing phonebooks with the hardbacks. Gah.
Not to mention glorious colour reprints of those Starlord spreads....
We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

I honestly think it must be down to the work involved in doing all that colour repro - it wouldn't just be a case of basically just using the files for an existing trade. That said - boo! Was fully planning to replace my phonebooks.
@jamesfeistdraws

Southstreeter

I already had The Horned God in a massive hardback, but for £2 I thought it worthwhile to check out the new edition. First thought - it's a bit small? Were the originals that size? The quality is much better than my old edition though, which possibly got resized the other way a bit too far. I suspect I'll be dipping in as required, as I'm pretty happy with my Rebellion TPBs.

Steve Green

Slightly smaller than the Rebellion hardback, and a lot smaller than the fleetway(?) softback.

I think there was a French edition original size (or close to)

The Monarch

sp i may get shit for saying this but it is the 2000ad ultimate collection maybe thats why the starlord stuffs being left out?

IndigoPrime

I can't see anyone really making – or at least caring about – that distinction.

JaHawkDroid

Sold my phonebook literally today, and then saw the confirmation that no pre-AD Stront will be included. Damn.  :lol: