Started by TordelBack, 05 March, 2020, 08:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

shaolin_monkey

I use this site.  As the mortality rate is skewed by the lack of testing I go by 'deaths/1 million population' instead.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Tjm86

TBH I'm not completely surprised at the lack of specificity when it comes to recording of deaths.  When my father in law died the year before last it was about 6 hours before a doctor turned up to confirm the death and several hours more before the undertaker collected the body. 

As he had become a high dependency home care patient in the last few months he was in a hospital bed in the middle of the living room of their home.  All we could do was sit and wait with his corpse laying in the middle of the room.

Bearing in mind that this was a point in time when medical services were not really under much in the way of pressure ...

Professor Bear

Quote from: Funt Solo on 06 April, 2020, 12:18:50 AM
...and that he recovers.

That goes without saying.

HAVING SAID THAT it would be a very Boris thing for him to catch the virus he said everyone should catch and then die of it.  This is exactly how a British writer's satirical play about a politician with Boris' career and character would end.

shaolin_monkey

He'd better not die.  I don't want him martyred - I want him held to account.

sheridan

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 06 April, 2020, 03:00:17 PM

Has this been mentioned on this thread before?  He'll be held to account about the same time Tony Blair will be tried as a war criminal...

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I would never wish death upon another human being, so I hope the fucking dickhead recovers.
You may quote me on that.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: sheridan on 06 April, 2020, 06:04:28 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 06 April, 2020, 03:00:17 PM

Has this been mentioned on this thread before?  He'll be held to account about the same time Tony Blair will be tried as a war criminal...

Good point.

Tjm86

Well, the news is now reporting that he's been taken into Intensive Care. 

What makes me laugh is that I have a vague recollection of someone lambasting RT earlier today for spreading 'fake news' about the state of Johnson's health.

shaolin_monkey

Royal Gwent hospital preparing for the worst in terms of deaths and being swamped by cases in next 48 hours:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ive-young-fit-well-patients-18048123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52182550

Also word coming through Twitter that two Swansea nurses have died. Another three still in ICU.

shaolin_monkey

The reason Trump is pushing a drug with some nasty side effects, untested against COVID-19, suddenly becomes clear (although we probably all suspected it):

"If hydroxychloroquine becomes an accepted treatment, several pharmaceutical companies stand to profit, including shareholders and senior executives with connections to the president. Mr. Trump himself has a small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-malaria-drug.html

TordelBack

I think this theory is giving Trump too much credit.  He's just that sad little kid who aggressively tells everyone his Dad is a secret agent, and you better listen because he taught him three ways to kill you with his little finger, and also JFK survived and is kept in a secret room under the Pentagon, and his Dad didn't come to parents' evening because he's in deep cover in the Kremlin and that guy you saw coming out of William Hill's just looked like him.

More cynically, he probably has vastly larger investments in many things that will be adversely affected by his mumbling incoherence, so this is just a miserable coincidence.   

paddykafka