Main Menu

Indestructible Man - latest release from Hibernia Comic's Fleetway Files

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 June, 2021, 10:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I'm still waiting for mine- but I've also ordered *a lot* of stuff recently that has taken its sweet time to get to me. At this point, I'm only at Panic Level DefCon 1.

SBT

walrus

Thanks, most of my stuff has been on time lately but just wanted to check as thought I may not be the only one

maryanddavid

These are coming from Ireland, so it is international shipping, usually fast but sometimes can take a while. Let me know here or on Facebook if they don't land by the end of the week and I will sort something out.

robprosser

I've not received mine either. Still waiting for the 3rd volume of The Trigan Empire as well.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Still no sign, here at Small Blue Towers. Willow course let you know if this changes with the last post of the week tomorrow.
SBT

Colin YNWA

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 23 July, 2021, 12:02:28 PM
Still no sign, here at Small Blue Towers. Willow course let you know if this changes with the last post of the week tomorrow.
SBT

Hope its turned up Steev?

I've read mine while away and its a fantastic read. The format - these were originally tabliod sized - make the pages a very dense read so I read it in chunks over several sittings which worked much better. Its so unapologetically British comics. Its bonkers - the cover image with 'The Badger' - slighly hidden in the navy blue background, proclaiming "... I shall bid them welcome to THE LAIR OF THE BADGER" sums the series perfectly.

It makes not a jot of sense. Mark Dangerfield's powers are utterly random. He's a bit of a 50s Superman as he can do anything that the plot requires really - though occasionally transforming into an aged man who needs to be immersed in flames to regenerate... I know, I know and yet it works perfectly for what it is.

The art of Jesus Blasco is superb - I'd love to see it full sized. The later stories from Annuals just aren't as strong (and strangely Dangerfield seems to become Bill Murray in the last story!).

Another triumph from Hibernia and roll on the next (Captain Condor).

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 01 August, 2021, 07:57:53 PM
Interviewed David McDonald about it this morning. Coming up on the pod two weeks today

Oh that's excellent news.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

There was a reason mine hadn't turned up- despite me ordering it on day one, the process didn't complete! Thankfully David managed to sort it and a copy is now on its way. As always, service above and beyond.

My phone just doesn't like the Comicksy website for some reason- when I did order it, it charged me postage to Australia, which David then again sorted. That man is a "ledge", as my youngest would say.

SBT

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

...and here it is! Many thanks David, it looks absolutely lovely as usual. You guys do a wonderful job on these.

SBT

robprosser

You're lucky. Still no sign of mine despite 2 follow up emails asking what's going on!

maryanddavid

Hi Rob,
I sent you an email on the 1st, telling you I would be sending a replacement on the 3rd, which was sent. You should have it soon .

Cheers.

robprosser

That's excellent. Hopefully I'll be able to leave a review soon.