Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

I am also waiting for it but we are out of luck accordingly to the release schedule it is not coming next year, so it looks like 2023. The closes is the release of Finn but that will only be December 2022

For 2000 AD related stuff:
https://2000ad.com/news/2000-ad-announces-2022-graphic-novel-schedule/

For Treasury of British Comics:
https://treasuryofbritishcomics.com/treasury-of-british-comics-announces-2022-collections/
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

I just finished listing to the last podcast of the year :

https://2000ad.com/news/the-2000-ad-thrill-cast-our-favourite-things-from-2021-with-matt-smith-olivia-hicks/

The last part Matt spoke about a few things coming up:
1. Brink is going to be huge literality being 24 episodes
2. The team that brought us the brilliant A Penitent Man will also bring us a sequel A Honest Man
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tiplodocus

Yes, six months if Brink with a different point of view sounds just the ticket.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Max Headroom

Just saw on the Forbidden Planet website that 'JD: Legends of the Law' (due to ship September 2022) will only feature the first seven issues. Was hoping that it would be complete in one edition.

Richard

That would have required an unfeasibly big volume, but perhaps they'll do a second volume if the first does well enough.

Rogue Judge

Was Legends of the Law any good? I've only read the first story arc (which was OK) but didn't continue reading further knowing Wagner wasn't writing. These show up cheap in dollar bins at shops and conventions but I've not sought them out.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 30 December, 2021, 01:07:21 AM
Was Legends of the Law any good? I've only read the first story arc (which was OK) but didn't continue reading further knowing Wagner wasn't writing. These show up cheap in dollar bins at shops and conventions but I've not sought them out.

Same here. I bet I end up buying this after years of passing these up from £1/50p boxes!

IndigoPrime

I've not read the DC Dredds in a long time, but I remember them being of two types. The main DC series was awful—even worse than IDW's "Dredd with a bushy beard" run. The one being reprinted here was... fine? But it doesn't say amazing things that I used to own all these comics yet can't recall anything much about them.

broodblik

House of Dolmann exclusive webstore cover by Chris Weston:

Robin Low

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 December, 2021, 09:48:28 AM
I've not read the DC Dredds in a long time, but I remember them being of two types. The main DC series was awful—even worse than IDW's "Dredd with a bushy beard" run. The one being reprinted here was... fine? But it doesn't say amazing things that I used to own all these comics yet can't recall anything much about them.

As IP says, the main DC series was pretty bad. The Legends of the Laws series of mini-series was a different matter. However, I only remember two of the stories. The first was a Wagner/Grant story featuring Dredd teaming up with a 12 year-old Cass Anderson, complete with a traditional Wagner/Grant song sequence. I've always remembered it as something convincing enough to fit Prog continuity.

There was another standout story. I can't remember title or writer, but it was illustrated by Nigel Dobbyn and featured Dredd and a vampire. I remember liking it, even though it didn't quite fit with 'our' Dredd. Dobbyn's art stood out.

Regards,

Robin

sheridan

Just for the record - this is the line-up of Legends of the Law stories, as originally published by DC.

First two stories are being reprinted in 2022.

Issues 1 - 4: The Blood Donors (John Wagner, Alan Grant / Brent Eric Anderson, Jimmy Palmiotti)
Issues 5 - 7: Trial by Gunfire (Daniel G Chichester / Anthony Williams, Andy Lanning)

Following stories will be reprinted at a future date (presumably, based on sales of the first volume).

Issues 8 - 10: Fall From Grace (John Byrne / Bob Pinaha, Gary Martin)
Issues 11 - 13: Dredd of Knight (Pat McGreal / Nigel Dobbyn, Barbara Kaalberg)

As for the actual stories - I think when IDW had a busy (2000AD-related) release schedule I probably said something along the lines of the main monthly title reminding me of the DC Dredd series (i.e. the writers don't really get Dredd, and the art doesn't really suit either) while the mini-series (often utilising script and art droids) were much more on-point, many of them conceivably passing for main Dredd continuity.

Rogue Judge

I appreciate all the comments/feedback regarding the DC Dredd series...although I'm game for all most things Dredd, I'll pass on this one (I also skipped Heavy Metal Dredd, based on helpful forum feedback).

Link Prime

Quote from: sheridan on 03 January, 2022, 08:34:42 PM
Just for the record - this is the line-up of Legends of the Law stories, as originally published by DC.

First two stories are being reprinted in 2022.

Issues 1 - 4: The Blood Donors (John Wagner, Alan Grant / Brent Eric Anderson, Jimmy Palmiotti)
Issues 5 - 7: Trial by Gunfire (Daniel G Chichester / Anthony Williams, Andy Lanning)

Following stories will be reprinted at a future date (presumably, based on sales of the first volume).

Issues 8 - 10: Fall From Grace (John Byrne / Bob Pinaha, Gary Martin)
Issues 11 - 13: Dredd of Knight (Pat McGreal / Nigel Dobbyn, Barbara Kaalberg)

Not expecting much, but I will pick up these out of curiosity.
I recall bailing on the DC Dredd stuff after two issues of the Helfer / Avon Oeming series - a decision which spoke volumes in 1994.

IndigoPrime

That Hefler series was quite something. It's one thing to rewrite the origins of Dredd — we've seen how that can be done well (with the movie). But to turn him into an imbecile didn't exactly hit home.

broodblik

The cover for Thistlebone Book 2: