Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Prog 2249 - Her father's PSIs  (Read 2305 times)

CalHab

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Prog 2249 - Her father's PSIs
« Reply #15 on: 16 September, 2021, 11:00:29 AM »
More realistic hold, with ubiquitous drool spreading slowly across arm:

The Superman hold. Always a favourite.

GordonR

• 2000AD Creator
  • Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 September, 2021, 11:39:09 AM »

I get the impression it might be something that's engineered to target Southers specifically.

It was stated at the end of the previous story that the bio-weapon only targets those with Souther heritage.

You may remember that Jaegir herself is half-Souther.

broodblik

• watkykjy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 September, 2021, 11:57:25 AM »

I get the impression it might be something that's engineered to target Southers specifically.

It was stated at the end of the previous story that the bio-weapon only targets those with Souther heritage.

You may remember that Jaegir herself is half-Souther.

From the Valkyrie storyline (in prog 2149 last page) Jaegir's words to Klaur: Years ago my father was developing a new weapon. A killer virus that affected only those from Souther  bloodlines.
Old age is the Lord’s way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death’s in case we didn’t take the hint.

The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.

Barrington Boots

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 September, 2021, 11:58:06 AM »
Aha. Thanks Mr. Rennie, I'd forgotten that (the first bit, not the second bit)
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
  • Research Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 September, 2021, 02:35:14 PM »
As all the older squaxx descend into selinity … why is he called Judge Dredd? He’s not wearing a wig…
++ map ++ thrills ++ coma ++

The Corinthian

• Sentient Tea Bot
  • Gaze into the Fist of Pob!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 September, 2021, 08:56:30 PM »

That's where I got the impression from then.

Sean SD

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 September, 2021, 12:32:45 PM »
My Top 3 for Prog 2249

Not the strongest prog this time with the decks getting cleared for 2250

1st - Dredd - Niemand spooky 3 parter finale with Percival's Necropolis style art

2nd - Jaegir - Hopefully this thrill is back soon. Suitably dark story and art

3rd - Skip Tracer - Skips into 3rd with the other two thrills not really putting up a fight. While not the strongest thrill I have always enjoyed Teague's work on the colours on Skip Tracer

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #22 on: 23 September, 2021, 12:33:42 PM »
But arguably the most interesting element of the strip just happened and now it’s done. It could be an intergalactic Lone Wolf and Cub (and with the doubly rare combination of a father/daughter relationship and non-white leads), if it wasn’t so mired in cliché.

Funny that you should mention Lone Wolf & Cub, considering the next prog's Future-Shock.

DrJomster

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 September, 2021, 02:30:14 PM »
There seems to be a fair degree of agreement about this prog… Dredd and Jaegir were my standouts too!

Having said that, the anthology format and trying things out can result in some real gems and has worked well for over forty years! Praise be to Tharg and all that. :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

broodblik

• watkykjy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 November, 2021, 06:26:57 PM »
I just read in an interview with James Peaty that the final book of both Skip Tracer and Diamonds Dogs will be released in 2022
Old age is the Lord’s way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death’s in case we didn’t take the hint.

The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • testing testing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03 November, 2021, 09:08:53 PM »
I just read in an interview with James Peaty that the final book of both Skip Tracer and Diamonds Dogs will be released in 2022

Oh its interesting that there will be more Skip Tracer this really felt like an end. Still could go to interesting places... could...]

Link Prime

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04 November, 2021, 09:16:37 AM »

Oh its interesting that there will be more Skip Tracer this really felt like an end. Still could go to interesting places... could...]

Anyone ever catch James Peaty and Michael Fleischer's archivist having coffee together in Starbucks?

broodblik

• watkykjy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04 November, 2021, 09:48:22 AM »

Anyone ever catch James Peaty and Michael Fleischer's archivist having coffee together in Starbucks?

Nope Krispy Kreme eating donuts

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #28 on: 04 November, 2021, 11:15:25 AM »
the final book of both Skip Tracer
Oh good grief. I thought it was done. (I certainly was after the fridging incident. We should be way beyond killing off women as motivation for a macho male protagonist.)