Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Deadlock vs Johnny Woo - Round 1 Heat 36

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 November, 2021, 06:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Week... eerrrr is anyone keeping count anymore? (well yes I am its 5) and you know what if I said Week 4 was a step up in quality, well I'd suggest this week is even better. See what you reckon...

Two spin-off thrills here. Plenty of questions about both BUT the only one that matters is...

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Deadlock - more info

Vs.

Johnny Woo - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 26th November and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

O Lucky Stevie!

Deadlock was everything that the nostalgia-fest of Nemesis Book X wasn't. It really felt like it was going somewhere.

Deadlock it is.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Huey2

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

sheridan

Deadlock, a better end to Nemesis the Warlock than Book X was.

AlexF

Much as I love to be a lone voice shouting in the wilderness, Deadlock is just better than Johnny Woo. Even if this is including 'Wizards & Warlocks' + 'The Enigmass Variations'. (Is it? I'm guessing they might get their own slot?)

(Johnny Woo vs Skip Tracer - that would've been a fair fight. But whoever said knockout tournaments should be fair? Fair is rarely fun!)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: AlexF on 23 November, 2021, 10:18:11 AM
Much as I love to be a lone voice shouting in the wilderness, Deadlock is just better than Johnny Woo.

I have a pretty good memory for thrills, and even though I know I've read the Johnny Woo solo series, I remember nothing about it. One of those series that was briefly just... there.
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

Much as I love to be a lone voice shouting in the wilderness, Deadlock is just better than Johnny Woo. Even if this is including 'Wizards & Warlocks' + 'The Enigmass Variations'. (Is it? I'm guessing they might get their own slot?)

I'd stand to be corrected, but the Carl Critchlow illustrated stories were under the Nemesis & Deadlock banner, I believe?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 23 November, 2021, 11:33:57 AM

I'd stand to be corrected, but the Carl Critchlow illustrated stories were under the Nemesis & Deadlock banner, I believe?

Quickly checks spreadsheet... and YES Nemesis and Deadlock stands on its own as a stand alone solo story as otherwise you have to make strange choices, like why is it Nemesis not Deadlock or vice versa.

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 November, 2021, 02:27:20 PM
Quickly checks spreadsheet... and YES Nemesis and Deadlock stands on its own as a stand alone solo story as otherwise you have to make strange choices, like why is it Nemesis not Deadlock or vice versa.

Well, Nemesis is [spoiler]Deadlock[/spoiler] - along with being the deathbringer, lord of the flies, etc.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 23 November, 2021, 02:59:41 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 November, 2021, 02:27:20 PM

Well, Nemesis is [spoiler]Deadlock[/spoiler] - along with being the deathbringer, lord of the flies, etc.

Well yes but then you'd include [spoiler]Deadlock [/spoiler]in [spoiler]Nemesis the Warlock[/spoiler] and my head would explode!

I was doing some prep the other day and I've just about managed to cover my omissions with mistakenly entered and so far (touch would) its evened out so you'll never know what a fuck up the wole things been!