Main Menu

The Out - coming October 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 25 November, 2021, 03:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

The Out - Paperback, 25th October 2022

Cyd Finlea is a photo-journalist working for the publishers Neographic. It has been a decade since she left Earth and travelled to into the deepest reassesses of outer space - otherwise known as THE OUT. Her encounters include meetings with strange alien societies and ex-pat humans, an experience that she shares with her trusty sentient backpack...

This exciting, first volume introduces a brand new world introduced recently in the pages of 2000 AD, with an intriguing new female lead brilliantly executed by writer Dan Abnett (Guardians of the Galaxy) and featuring the inventive visuals of Mark Harrison.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

I really hope this one gets a limited HC through the 2000 AD shop.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 November, 2021, 08:29:37 AM

Yeah I'd love to see The Out get the same oversized* hardcover treatment as the ABC Warriors. It definately deserves it and the art would be elevated by it (I'd make a similar call for Lawless getting that treatment too, but that would be utterly predictable!). I have no idea whether such an induglence would be justified from a business point of view, but from a fanboy wish list perspective it'd be an instant buy for me.

*Are the ABC Warriors hardcover oversized, by which I mean Prog sized? In my head they are but I don't own them.

O Lucky Stevie!

Yay! Stevie can finally get to read the end of the first series, which was the point that we stopped seeing progs through Diamond here in Oz.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

broodblik

Will this capture the first book or both book one and two? I think this will be a great one to collect
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 November, 2021, 08:29:37 AM
Well, as people probably know, there was a limited HC: https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/XB826/the-out-webshop-exclusive-edition

Mine arrived this morning. It's really nice. Glad I paid the extra fiver to get this in that format. (Its slightly chunkier form also works better than the skinnier Rebellion volumes.)

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Thanks for that reminder- I've just ordered mine. The first webshop exclusive hardcover I've bought, actually.

SBt

IndigoPrime

I was also very happy to see it arrive in a very solid cardboard mailer. (The previous HC I ordered from Rebellion – Badtime Bedtime Stories – rocked up in a bubble wrap mailer and was... not in the greatest condition, requiring some careful surgery with corrugated card and pliers.)

sintec

Yeah mine just turned up, similarly well packaged. It's a beautiful book. More HCs please Tharg.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Mine has turned up, and it is a thing of delicious beauty. Will set aside a few hours to read it (again, as The Out is one of only three 'recent' strips I've reread at least twice after their initial printing. The others being Brink and Lawless).

One thing though- while I love having it in hardback, the cover art doesn't scream 'cover art' to me. If anything, it's kind of like the secret art you'd find after you'd peeled off the dust jacket on a book you got for Xmas back in the day. A dj would have been most excellent in this case.

SBT

IndigoPrime

Slightly weird question: is anyone else's copy... tacky? The front cover of mine is very slightly sticky from about halfway down. I'm trying to figure out if I can clean that without ruining the book.

oshii

What size is it?  Large or American/casebook size?   Will definitely get if it's large size.

levers

Picked mine up from Forbaidden Planet today. Surprisingly had an £8 off sticker on the front. Came up on the till for £15.99, but they honoured the full discount. So bargain price of £11.99 paid.

JohnW

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 29 October, 2022, 01:18:22 PM
Slightly weird question: is anyone else's copy... tacky? The front cover of mine is very slightly sticky from about halfway down. I'm trying to figure out if I can clean that without ruining the book.
My copy (paperback) is mercifully free from any stickiness, but I've just noticed a missing speech bubble on what was originally Book 2, part 9, page 2, panel 1 (the TPB has no page numbering or episode breaks).
I've only noticed this one error, but it broke the flow of the story to the extent that I wondered if the pages hadn't been printed in the wrong order.
Bah.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

13school

It's missing in the HC edition as well - the missing bubble being the first one on a new page does make its absence more jarring than it might have otherwise been too