Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Junker vs Hondo-City Justice Rd 1 Heat 51

Started by Colin YNWA, 07 December, 2021, 06:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So we're well into the second half of the 1st Round and stats fans this week sees us cover 14.2% - 16.3% of the tourney over all... oh gosh... I wish I hadn't typed that... I'm sorry...

Where's that comment I made about the title of Trash so I can copy and paste it here....

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Junker - more info

Vs.

Hondo City Justice - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 10th December and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

I'm a big fan of John Ridgway but can't remember anything about Junker at all. Hondo ended on a cliffhanger that doesn't seem to have been followed up, but was still enjoyable.

Hondo-City Justice.

AlexF

You're making it too easy today, Colin! Hondo City Justice by several country miles.
Junker hit the Prog at the perfect time for 11-12 year old me to enjoy it, and despite my and John Ridgway's best efforts, I thought it sucked back then, too. Think it might have been the first time I noticed and rolled my eyes at the 'never trust a female' trope in 2000AD...

IndigoPrime

I don't remember anything about Hondo, but what I do remember about Junker mean Hondo wins by default.

Huey2

Southstreeter

Funt Solo

Junker definitely wins points for being ironically self-referential, both in the title and here, in the dialogue:

Hondo City Justice too rescued Inaba from obscurity and had amaze-balls art:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Sorry - first post posted too early...

Junker definitely wins points for being ironically self-referential, both in the title and here, in the dialogue:

Hondo City Justice rescued Inaba from obscurity and had amaze-balls art:

My vote goes to Hondo City Justice.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

I can't remember much about either of these, except that Junker seems to be largely reviled.

I'll toss a coin:

Hondo City.

Link Prime

davidbishop

I edited the scripts for Junker to help out the 2000AD team as one of my first jobs in the House of Tharg. Spent the first few episodes thinking it was a wry satire of terrible space opera narratives. Then the space pirates turned up and I realised the writer was trying to be funny.

Some lovely Ridgway art, as ever.

Timothy

I haven't read Hondo City Justice, but it gets my vote by default.