Main Menu

Free Comic Book Day 2022

Started by broodblik, 17 December, 2021, 09:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Here is cover for 2000AD's contribution to FCBD 2022:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rogue69

Here's the link to all the other comics for FCBD 2022 (7th May) interestingly there's no DC comics again this year, but the return of the Doctor Who comic, a  25 years of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, new Walking Dead story Clementine based on the character from the Telltale game and Marvel's voices and Avengers/Xmen

https://freecomicbookday.com/Article/256282?fbclid=IwAR2X78M3GTKZg1o6z37HiGHqUa3mnPfBx7p6kPZMV107o2sn52TUV9og6ng

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Ohhh thst picture really frustrates me. I mean its really good BUT the placement of the bike I just can't get used to. In this sort of image I'm used to seeing the POV character bottom right to open up the panarama. Here, to do something different, to beat that cliche - the one I fall back to - Dredd and the lawmaster being pushed forward is interesting... I just can't get used to it and everytime I see it I want it to fall back to the safe old way of viewing this type of image....

DrRocka

Ooo I do like that Lawmaster design. It's more of a tank. Lovely.
Never ever bloody anything ever

GoGilesGo

Hope every one enjoys the goodies today.

My local comic book shop has told me they do NOT have the 2000ad offering so...if anyone can pick up a spare I'd be happy to pay for P&P.

IndigoPrime

I imagine A Place In Space will have a bunch of these and others – it usually does and shoves them on eBay a day or two after the event.

Oddly, somewhere quite locally was actually listed for FCBD and I took a look online. It has opening hours that don't list today, and Google Street View shows it to be a residential property. So, er, odd. (Our actual local comic shop doesn't do FCBD at all, sadly.)

rogue69

I have a spare copy of the 2000ad FCBD if anyone wants it

Richard

rogue69

PM me your address and I'll post it to you

BPP

If anyone else knows where to pick one up online I'd appreciate it - my local comic book store is now a £15 quid round trip petrol wise so it was looking quite an expensive comic book day for me so skipped it for the first time
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

rogue69

ebay will be your best bet shops like A Place In Space have them up a few days after the event (they still have the 2020 one for £1.99+p&p)

Tomwe

Damn it's scalpers ahoy on eBay this year. Will bookmark APIS to see if they get any up, as I'm without one as well.

walrus

Prices are staring to become more sensible as more listings appear. A Place In Space have put their copies up for £0.99 plus P&P.

CalHab

Thanks for that. I've just ordered in from A Place in Space, along with the Spider-Man/Venom book which, annoyingly, seems to be the start of the next Spider-Man run.