Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Strange Brigade vs Juliet November Rd 1 Heat 66

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 December, 2021, 06:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

You've been very patient with me and indulged these matches with a diligence and rigour that I'm amazed by. That said, with X-Mas coming up I think we'll have a week off after this week (9), so we can start the new year with fresh energy for the end of Round 1 and brace ourselves as we go into Round 2 (and I can have a little time to prep the biggest single round of any tourney to date!). It would be nice to end on a high... it would be, but the draws the draw...

Yep, the draws the draw!

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Strange Brigade - more info

Vs.

Juliet November - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 23rd December and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

AlexF

For the first time this Tourney, I had to click the 'find out more' link to remind myself what/who the Strnage Brigade were. Recent video-game tie-in about wandering Archaeologists in the Grennie Style. Decent art. Nothing wrong with it at all, but I'm kinda sniffy about video game adaptations in my Progs/Megs.

Besides which, that one solo outing for Juliet November was kinda fun, when she sets that dudes pants on fire.

Juliet November

Huey2

abelardsnazz

Haven't read Strange Brigade. Juliet November is an interesting character that didn't seem to have much mileage beyond being unable to control her pyrokinesis.

Juliet November.

Blue Cactus

Strange Brigade was fine but I didn't get invested because you always know games tie-ins are unlikely to develop further. It was miles better and than that recent-ish zombie one in the Met though.

Juliet November

Funt Solo

Juliet November works really well as a supporting character, but her one solo outing didn't really light my fire. Strange Brigade, by the nature of the remit, doesn't really go anywhere (despite all the globe-trotting) and serves mostly to set us up to buy a game.

So, it's really up to the art, and while Graham Manley does a grand job, he's only up against Tiernen "The Wizard" Trevallion!

My vote goes to Strange Brigade.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Link Prime

I'd sooner read the ingredients of an M&S mince pie than re-read either, but will throw a disinterested glance towards Juliet November for this match-up.

Southstreeter

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Not really surprising this one is quite quiet. Last chance to get your votes in today before I count up in the morning and announce the winner.

Magnetica

Not sure if I'm mixing up Strange Brigade with what has been described above as that more recent zombie tie in, but I'll vote for it anyway as I have no memory at all of Juliet November.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

This one kinda felt like a collective shoulder shrug, but you folks took the effort and counting was no real challenge and so with great ... some ... a little fanfare I announce

Juliet November

Has quietly popped into Round 2