Main Menu

Tharg’s 2021 in Review - Best Megazine thrill (non-Dredd)

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 December, 2021, 06:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

1. devlin waugh - the reckoning
2. the returners - heartswood
3. dreadnoughts

Colin YNWA

Even with such a short list this one is surprisingly tough, the Meg is so consistent this year. Its been great. In the end though I'll go:

1. Devlin Waugh - The Reckoning
2. Megatropolis
3. The Dark Judges - Deliverance

DrJomster

1. Megatropolis. My favourite this year I think.
2. Dreadnoughts.
3. Angelic.

A good innings for the Meg this year. Praise be to Tharg!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Sean SD

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Top spot is very close according to Funts count to date. I'll give this vote one more day and then do a final count (if needed) tomorrow (Tuesday 4th Jan) morning and announce the final result then. Given how close it is last minute votes today could really change things...

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

I, Cosh

This list really highlights how backward-looking the writing in the Meg has become.

01. The Returners - Amazonia. Maybe a bit of a sympathy vote this but overall I enjoyed the somewhat different pace and content of this strip so I was happy that it got an ending despite the circumstances. 

02. Angelic - Restitution. One of those backward-looking strips but just about keeps sufficient distance from the inspiration to make it interesting.

03. The Returners - Heartswood. Probably the weakest outing for this strip but at least it was something new.

Mike Dowling's versions of Hell and the Trellick Tower deserve a special mention as the most exciting thing artistically this year. Really beautiful work.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

And we're done. Thise final votes closed the gap, but not quite enough. and the result when to a truly wonderful thrill

1st - Megatropolis = 59 points

the runners up wasn't half good was well

2nd - DreadNoughts = 53 points

3rd - Devlin Waugh - The Reckoning = 36 points

The quality of those thrills just screams out what rude health the Meg is in at the moment.