Main Menu

45th anniversary online convention!

Started by Richmond Clements, 16 February, 2022, 06:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well that interview with John Wagner (at least the last 45 minutes which I got to listen to uninterrupted, I have the pleasure fo the first hour to come) was fantastic and what a lovely bit of fan service to end on!

From the bits I've been able to check in on its been a triumph and if I'm honest I'm looking forward to some of tomorrow's panels even more than todays to I think we can call this one an utter success already!

Good work everyone. Thanks for putting this on.

Leigh S

That was a fantastic day - missed a bit of the Pat interview (surely his shortest ever??)

Good to hear John say he is unretired and Spektor is on his radar. Got me wanting to listen to the Future Shock audios I notionally should ahve access to as a subber but never got round to investigating what technology O would need

The politic's one was good as well, though (as someone who voted for Creasy as deputy back in the far off Utopian past of 2015), I found her bewilderment by the lack of hope that there can be any meaningful change she sees in people as a bit odd, given it was the PLP who did their best to undermine that feeling over the last 6 years.. . but enough politics!   

Be a bit harder to catch all of tomorrows as I wont be sat at  a desk all day (decorating), but we can catch up on these, yes?

sheridan

Shall be able to listen to half of the panels tomorrow (there being the main panels and fringe panels) but it'll probably take me a good few weeks to find the time to catch up on all the bits I miss.

nxylas

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 26 March, 2022, 06:50:14 PM
Caught the politics one, the next Gen one, Mills one and was interrupted in the Wagner one due to dinner (try and catch this on the YouTube later).
I was the same. I got hungry, and because it was the last panel, I wasn't sure how much longer there was left to run. Only about 10 minutes, as it turned out, but I didn't know that at the time.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

oshii

Enjoyed the bits I saw today. 

You'll never top an in person con, but rheres lots.to like about a format where you can watch on your own telly at home (or phone when you're waiting to drive your kids around for the whole weekend).  And being able to watch later is a winner too.

Did miss a bar though.   

Fungus

Thanks Rebellion!
Listened to lots of Saturday and appreciated the different voices. You'll hear that non-Squaxx lack basic knowledge and that even extends to hosts. There's a war on, so does it matter? Been saddened to see the online hostility recently as guests were announced.

John Wagner was the highlight, we're in the man's debt. Humble and witty, long may he keep scripting in whatever semi-retired way he can manage.

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Leigh S on 26 March, 2022, 08:29:26 PM
Good to hear John say he is unretired and Spektor is on his radar.

Such great news - those episodes of Spektor from the Carlos tribute are some of the best things i've read in the last five years.

judgeurko

I have watched a couple of these so good that there is a bit more diversity but we need more.

sheridan

Couldn't see the fringe stream link today, so I'm on the main event - shall have a lot of catching up on the other streams (and re-watching of the ones I catch 'live') over the next few weeks!

Richmond Clements

Listening to the Wagner interview right now. It really is brilliant stuff. I imagine some of the more right wing readers will not like what they hear though.

sheridan

Currently being broadcast: 2000AD: The Next 45 Years with Jason Kingsley, Chris Kingsley, Matt Smith and Ben Smith.

sheridan

Currently talking about TV/film stuff.

sheridan

New Artists: Mike Molcher (Host), Tom Foster, Korinna Mei Veropoulou, Dan Cornwell, Anna Morozova

sheridan

Quote from: judgeurko on 27 March, 2022, 09:21:51 AM
I have watched a couple of these so good that there is a bit more diversity but we need more.

Certainly more diverse today!

nxylas

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 27 March, 2022, 12:26:24 PM
Listening to the Wagner interview right now. It really is brilliant stuff. I imagine some of the more right wing readers will not like what they hear though.
One guy in the comments on YouTube today claims to be a long-time Strontium Dog fan and claims he's "always been a Kreeler at heart". Reading does not necessarily mean understanding.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!