Main Menu

2023 Advent Comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2023, 06:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Wow, the art is so good on here I can't even tell which ones I drew and what belongs to everyone else.

Andy, top drawer as usual. I remember that one too!

Staticgirl, your drawing is totally bananas, and I mean that in a good way! It's like an ice cream van explosion! Love the action in it. Prog worthy!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Note to self

Buy more exclamation marks!!!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

JohnW

Lovely work, Staticgirl. Accomplished, if deranged.
No doubt someone will be along soon to mansplain image posting for you. (You right-click on the thing, and copy the thing, and then paste it into the other thing – or something.)

Andy: fine work as always and, given the circumstances, touching.
Colin: Wonderful. It kept my finger poised for quite a while over the 'buy now' button for the complete Bone (but then the postman reminded me that I have too much stuff to be getting on with already).
MIK: you're well in the lead for the most-gags-per-square-inch prize.
Woody: more of the pointy-headed snowmen! I think I'm beginning to see a pattern.
Dash: still here, I see. (Joking! Know that you are cherished.)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Dash Decent

Thanks John, very much appreciated.

Though I do think you're getting "cherished" mixed up with "banished" again.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

staticgirl

"Accomplished but deranged" is one of the loveliest things anyone has ever said about my work also "explosion in an ice cream van". I was doing a lot of cold remedies when I drew it...

I had a large collection of MLPs when I was a kid so they are chaotic good but getting in Dredd's way. I think the Gremlins have zombified the Care Bears so they're the Don't Care Bears, or Despair Bears. Then there's an evil robot Christmas tree, just because.

I hoped it was mad enough for MC1 so I am very happy.

Dash Decent

I love all the eyes of your characters. Lots of deranged looks there. The Christmas tree is the best single character on the page, I feel.  I love how you've purposed two candy canes for arms. That's a brilliant, clever touch.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Colin YNWA

So much great stuff still coming in ever day. Staticgirl that really is excellent!

Fortnight

I love art that's so very detail packed - makes me sit looking for ages. (Reminded me of a book I had as a very young child called The Adventures of Ernest in Africa where every page was a detailed art explosion.)

My favourite bit is the Care Bear x arses, especially the one being blown up.

Exploded.

It had me giggling for a good 10 minutes. I don't know why, but it did. I'm not sure what that says about me.

Barrington Boots

I love the evil little arms on that Christmas tree! And the gremlin thumping the pony on the left!

There's some fantastic stuff here from the last couple of days and it's full of winners. Beautiful Halo. Huge fan of all the jokes on M.I.K's tv listing, some really great stuff there. And that Carmen 2-Town joke is so bad it's amazing.

You guys rule!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Judge Woody

Yes John W, used to do a set of these every year, each year having a different theme. Obviously these were Dredd, others were Album covers, Doctor Who, Art, seaside.....

Le Fink

Super stuff staticgirl. It's like a still from a madcap cartoon. I like the various gremlin characters, all with different clothing and expressions. I think the maracas guy is my favourite, the carol singers a close second. Gizmo on a MLP very cute. Is that a saw on the far right? And a grappling hook?

Le Fink

Quote from: JohnW on 11 December, 2023, 11:29:04 AMColin: Wonderful. It kept my finger poised for quite a while over the 'buy now' button for the complete Bone
Yeah but having looked into it...

The black & white version or the colour version?

staticgirl

Quote from: Le Fink on 11 December, 2023, 05:21:42 PMIs that a saw on the far right? And a grappling hook?

It certainly is, that robot xmas tree is about to have more trouble than expected. I wanted to imply there were more shenanigans happening off camera. There's a wooden hammer hitting Dredd's helmet on the left. Also the big shadow over Minty pony is another Gremlin who she is about to attack.

staticgirl

Also nice to have Slaine represented when he was hottest.

Funt Solo

Quote from: JohnW on 11 December, 2023, 11:29:04 AMIt kept my finger poised for quite a while over the 'buy now' button for the complete Bone

Years ago, I asked for recommendations for comics to read to Mini-Solo, and Colin said "Whatever the question is - the answer is Bone." We got it, we read it - it was a resounding success. Years later now - it still gets regular re-reads, and gets quoted a lot - especially the squabbling creatures.

(Color's neither here nor there.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++