Main Menu

Ruggah world cup.

Started by El Spurioso, 18 October, 2003, 09:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Spurioso

Just wanted to say: "Woo-hoo."

England 25, South Africa, 6.

Bugger me, that was a nail-biter of a game and no mistake...

test 4 echo

"and no mistake..."
unless your a south african, just the one or two crap kicks
hahahaha
best moment...my 3 year old screaming "come on jonny" at the tv.

Matt Timson

Martin Johnson went to school with me you know.  

Of course, nobody ever believes him when he tells them that.

;)
Pffft...

Something Fishy

it was a great win.

i never agreed with those who thought it would be easy.  SA are far to good and proud a rugby nation to just roll-over.  

It was however a great victory in a war of attrition.

Well done England.  Well done my cornish front row buddies Phil and Trevor.

El Spurioso

For some reason whenever that hooker (Trevor Smith?  Something like that) gets a closeup I find myself slipping into 'Boromir mode':

"They have a cave troll..."

Something Fishy

The hooker is Steve Thompson.

maryanddavid

comon ireland, tomorrowshould be no problem(altho i may live to eat my words...)

petemaskreplica

I've always felt a lingering resentment of rugby. I mean, if I was playing football and picked up the ball I'd get sent off, but some nob's son does it at a posh boarding school and they call it a new game. bah! bring on the revolution, I say!

Devons Daddy

that was the best game so far wasnt it.

we had big do here. about 200 brits in the open air sports bar and four huge tv screens.
absolute bedlam and bloody great fun.
im no sport fan but that was a bloody brillant match.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Something Fishy

great here to,  back at Phil's old club there tend to be massive cheers everytime he touches the ball (or smashes some poor bokke over has he did yesterday).

Steamboy

Hmmph, Thugby, all I can say is all you foregners are in for a shock when us Ozzers walk away with the Cup......
CU Krestel

Krustabi

Grrr. Arrrghh. Rugby. Sorry, I'm just bitter about ALL competitive sport. Lousy overpaid bastards

Darryl

Krestel - you may be crying into your 4x by the end of the month.......

We have the best chance of the last 20 odd years to win this thing, In Wilkinson, D'lalgio, Johnson and Greenwood (hope his wife gets better soon..) we have some of the best players in union rugby ever - just look at the play in the SA match for proof...

And you scots- close chave against the states.... like living dangerously do you.....

Slippery PD

Is this take the p*ss out of the Scots!  

If the english are allowed to bring 1966 every couple of months or so.  Ill just mention 1990, Where we outfought, out thought an obviously superior english side.......... or at least thats what the media told us for 4 weeks leading up to the game.  

Personaly Im not bothered who wins, its between England, Oz and NZ.  But trying to gee yourself up by slagging off a poor scots side is not gonna win you freinds...... :)

Yer Slips

WoD

NZ is my bet for the win (well my actual bet was on SA for the odds, but Saturday's result should scupper that, shame it was 20-1 as well)

Don't rate Wales' chances much or the other home nations (aside from England) though.

WoD.