Main Menu

Wild's End to return

Started by broodblik, 15 March, 2023, 06:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Great new off fans of this awesome series:

The creative team of Dan Abnett and I.N.J. Culbard journeys once again to an alien occupied England where anthropomorphic citizens fight off the interstellar invaders in Wild's End.

https://www.comicon.com/2023/03/15/wilds-end-begins-again-at-boom-studios/
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Huh. I thought that ended well, although I'll be happy to get more. Tracking down the trades was a bloody nightmare, though, and so I hope Boom does a reprint to allow more people to read this series. It's great.

Pyroxian

Yes a reprint of the earlier volumes would be great - I've still yet to read them as I've failed to track down (reasonably priced) physical editions.

Colin YNWA

Its a shame the earlier volumes seem so hard to track down as this is a superb series of minis and certainly deserves to be read by as many folks as possible.

As IndigoPrime says the end of the final mini really wraps things up well and wasn't expecting any more, so this is a nice surprise. Really happy to see the Wild's End world being explored more but hope they keep away from the characters in that, the blurb suggests they are which is great to hear.

But much as I love this stop it, and crack on with Brink and dare I dream, more Brass Sun INJ!

IndigoPrime

I'm not sure where I found Wild's End originally. I have a digital copy from something. But when I went to buy it... yikes. After about a week, I managed to line up all three trades: one from a surprise appearance at an Oxfam store, one from an eBay seller, and one from a UK comics shop I'd never heard of. All three copies arrived in at least very good condition, but Boom really needs to reprint them all (or do a deluxe HC).

Hawkmumbler

Really nice little reminder I never read the last mini series, and it's been so long a full reread might be required.

Cracking series, and yes, those aftermarket prices are wince inducing.

Proudhuff

I really enjoyed this series, and will check my hardback shelf now!!

My only real prob with whole series was a niggly thing about predators and prey mixing, and what they all ate and how their species interacted with others, (and the random size thing...) a wee niggle I know, but I thought if that had been part of the story set up it would have been perfect.
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Proudhuff on 16 March, 2023, 03:01:01 PMI really enjoyed this series, and will check my hardback shelf now!!

My only real prob with whole series was a niggly thing about predators and prey mixing, and what they all ate and how their species interacted with others, (and the random size thing...) a wee niggle I know, but I thought if that had been part of the story set up it would have been perfect.

I'm assuming that's what the new series is about. How the predators have turned in with the 'lanterns' and now use them to cook the prey species for a good chowdown.

Its a dog eat rabbit world.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 March, 2023, 03:59:47 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 16 March, 2023, 03:01:01 PMI really enjoyed this series, and will check my hardback shelf now!!

I'm assuming that's what the new series is about. How the predators have turned in with the 'lanterns' and now use them to cook the prey species for a good chowdown.

Its a dog eat rabbit world.
:lol:
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Now this would be a great thing to have in the Megazine!!
DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

I own the trades, but certainly wouldn't begrudge Matt running the entire thing in the Meg. It's funny. The Meg has gone through so many iterations, and some of the reprint periods were bloody awful. Preacher taking up half the mag was horrible, and it was particularly galling in that it just... stopped. But around vol 4, things all felt a bit smarter. Finite series (or chunks) were chosen, and we got oddities like Lazarus Churchyard, and then the first Hellboy run. Scarlet Traces rocked up at the end of the volume. And that creator-owned slot was variable, but I fondly recall reading Lilly MacKenzie.

I've no idea what the financial implications are for this stuff, but perhaps there's something that can be done once the IDW well runs dry of good stuff to cast the net a little wider again.

Hawkmumbler

Speaking of which, oi! Paul Grist! When are we getting more Demon Nic?!

IndigoPrime

Yeah, I liked that one. More, please!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 31 March, 2023, 05:50:23 PMSpeaking of which, oi! Paul Grist! When are we getting more Demon Nic?!

I'd settle for more of any of the strips that he been teased for the last 10ish years.

More Mudman - meant to be...

More Kane - on its way...

More Jack Staff - coming...

One day all this stuff will be there and that'll be a right ol' treat.

Proudhuff

Quote from: broodblik on 15 March, 2023, 06:51:12 PMGreat new off fans of this awesome series:

The creative team of Dan Abnett and I.N.J. Culbard journeys once again to an alien occupied England where anthropomorphic citizens fight off the interstellar invaders in Wild's End.

https://www.comicon.com/2023/03/15/wilds-end-begins-again-at-boom-studios/

Thanks for the heads up, I've preordered!!!
DDT did a job on me