Main Menu

Life is so crap because......

Started by EddieHitler, 27 September, 2013, 10:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 25 December, 2013, 02:54:04 PM
Yesterday our friends roof had a load of tiles blown off, massive leakage in their rooms due to the heavy rain. Couldn't get anyone out to repair it due to the time of year and the high winds :(

If they are with Aviva for their buildings insurance give me a shout CF and I'll try and have our Perth home insurance guys give them a hand.

COMMANDO FORCES

I shall ask Caz later today to find out, cheers my good man!

TordelBack

Quote from: Buttonman on 25 December, 2013, 10:38:31 PM...I'll try and have our Perth home insurance guys clear out the cellar and sell the contents so that I can upgrade the coolant systems required by the Beast.

That's practically looting, you dastard.

Link Prime

Ta for the kind words fellow boarders.

Albion- very sorry to hear that, puts my woes in cold perspective.

GrinningChimera

I just ate a whole box of cookies. Please kill me  :sick:

Albion

Thanks for the kind comments folks.
I'm glad to say she was only in the hospital for one day and was quickly moved to the hospice which is a marvellous place and is much, much nicer than the hospital.
She's very confused know though and doesn't really realise what is going on. Not a good Christmas for my niece but she is getting on with things and doing very well.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Something Fishy

So sorry to hear this Albion.   Thinking of you.

My wife has had a major dose of radiation this month (she has a history of problems going back to when my son was a toddler).  We've not been able to touch her until now and she's not been able to mix due to the risk especially to young and pregnant people (at one stage touching her for any time would have exposed us to over a years safe dose of the stuff apparently).

it's all a bit shit really but it really puts it into perspective when I read how it can and often does end up.  very lucky she's able to do this.

TordelBack

Geez lads, I feel for both your families. Very different situations, but rough, rough places to be, particularly at this time of year.  Puts a 24-hr stomach bug in crystal-clear perspective.

Something Fishy

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 December, 2013, 11:21:39 AM
Geez lads, I feel for both your families. Very different situations, but rough, rough places to be, particularly at this time of year.  Puts a 24-hr stomach bug in crystal-clear perspective.
Thanks Tordles.

It really does make you think.  You don't tend to get man flu grumbling in our house.  Bit more to worry about.

Ever since her first cancer in 2002 we've had some serious doses of perspective.  When I read Albions story I feel incredibly lucky she's still around , reasonably well and able to have treatment when problems arise.. If if this one has given her rather a dangerous glow.

Albion

Sorry to read that Fishy. Such a shame that so many people have to go through this.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Something Fishy

Quote from: Albion on 27 December, 2013, 03:07:02 PM
Sorry to read that Fishy. Such a shame that so many people have to go through this.
Thanks Albion.  It really is.  I feel the same for your family.  It's horrible.

Noisybast

I split up with my girlfriend yesterday. It had been on the cards for a while, but it was even tougher than I'd expected. No massive dramatic catalyst - things just hadn't been working for a long time and we both want very different things in life. The timing was utterly shit - I had hoped to put it off until the new year, but it just sort of came up during a conversation that wasn't quite heated enough to call an argument. Needless to say, I feel like a massive arsehole now. I hate upsetting people and this has broken her heart. I can be a real dick sometimes... :(
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Trout

Quote from: Noisybast on 29 December, 2013, 08:15:11 PM
I split up with my girlfriend yesterday. It had been on the cards for a while, but it was even tougher than I'd expected. No massive dramatic catalyst - things just hadn't been working for a long time and we both want very different things in life. The timing was utterly shit - I had hoped to put it off until the new year, but it just sort of came up during a conversation that wasn't quite heated enough to call an argument. Needless to say, I feel like a massive arsehole now. I hate upsetting people and this has broken her heart. I can be a real dick sometimes... :(

Oh dear. But it's better to be honest.

TordelBack

Quote from: Trout on 30 December, 2013, 12:52:29 AM
Oh dear. But it's better to be honest.

Aye, it's crap for both of you, but better than the alternative.

Something Fishy