Main Menu

Want to plug something on e-bay?

Started by paulvonscott, 04 October, 2005, 05:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Heh, I do, so if anyone wants to join me I'd feel less shameful.

I'm selling a lot of old Iron Maiden records, some plastic citadel skellingtons and a collection of Fortean Times, which DXB (or whatever abbreviation he goes by these days) is bidding on.

About Thursday or Friday I'll be putting up all my Hammer stuff, which is a couple of books, a fanzine and quite a big run of House of Hammer Comics/mags and some monster mag posters.  Some Call of Cthulhu stuff (Delta Green) and my AC/DC records.

Sometime after that I'll be putting up various books about HP Lovecraft, oh and some other junk that's taking up space.

Cheers

Paul

Mangamax

Bloody hell, great minds and all that Paul. Just started my eBay plug, go back to the thread page to make sure it worked and see this one.
I feel less shameful now matey - ta very much!
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Quirkafleeg

I've got a couple of Harry Turtledove books up and, god help me, some Page 3 Calenders (which I hasten to add I bought up as a job lot of other stuff)

I've also got hold of a large amount of aviation magazines from mainly the 40s and the 50s and some 70s footy annuals that are not on ebay (yet) If you know anyone who might be interested let us know.

I'm not addicted... oh no.

johnnystress

ooh cool stuff- I'd like the Hammer stuff and the AC/DC records- I probably have all the Maiden records!..!
Must start offloading some of my own stuff this way,to clear space for new unecessary ebay purchases.

paulvonscott

I didn't put any link on, so there's one now, and you can see my other stuff for sale by following the link on the auction.

Yeah, well, I'll post again when the hammer and ACDC stuff goes up.  

I also have a lot of genewral Heavy Metal records I'd happily sell for post and a beer or two to see them in a good home.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4773958739&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1" target="_blank">Iron Maiden records 'ere

Quirkafleeg

Gosh given the hard sell that MOT must have been real bad... has your car's engine fell out or something?

paulvonscott

MOT was ?170 all in, but then my car insurance came up, and all sorts of stuff seemed to happen at once.  It was like a bad game of kerplunk.

Luckily I have my job and I've agreeed to work some extra hours yesterday.  

Although I'm broke, perhaps more importantly my recent house sorting out made me realise just how much 'stuff' I'd accumulated.  Much of it I haven't touched for five, ten years or since I bought it.  That may be because I just couldn't reach it.

So I'm keeping my 2000AD's, my Atari 2600 stuff and the games stuff I think I have at least some chance I'll play in the next 5 years.  Much of the stuff I'm keeping is definitely on probation though, and once the tat has gone to the bin, charity shops or e-bay, not much of it will be safe.

Oh and all my Solar Wind/OVS/General stall and display stuff takes up a lot of space as well.  Hence why I'm supposed to be selling them all off at ?2.50 each as soon as the website is updated.  It's too long to wait till next may!

Anyway, sorry for the long response, this clear out has taken over my life recently.

Trout

There's nothing like a good clear-out. Good for you, Paul!

I'll get to my own colonic-irrigation-for-the-home just as soon as I change jobs. I'll be on nights, with every day free until sproglet arrives, so my boxroom must tremble with fear...

Then I'll dig into the cupboard under the stairs.

Bloody hell. You'd never believe I only moved house two years ago...

- Trout

paulvonscott

Thank you Trout, but even more shame-making as I haven't congratulated you and your wife on the upcoming bairn.  

Call him Dodecodemus, it's a new name I've invented especially.

The clear out really started with Moniaive, though I had palmed some old 2000AD tat to Watcher.  By the end of the festival I was just handing stuff out to people, so desperate was I not to take it back.  I probably already have more than a carload of crap (mainly annuals) for Bristol in May, so must do something with it soon.

Max Kon

Paul: i'll try and send you that ?20 later today

Queen Firey-Bou

i also am on huge clear out, perpetually, tho i'm running out of ebay steam, "ebay or bin ebay or bin...fuckit, bin"

meantime ive just got a few bits up, broken stained glass the usual, nice wee stag painting going up soon, and yep all my crappy shite comic art work... feel free to save me the hassal & make offers , i got enid pages , mallory, underground workers, wild west wendy...

and a dyson with dodgy wiring, parts of stone polishing machines, lots of polished stones...  

ahhh sod it, BIN.

Rex Banner

Star Wars boxset of videos in shiny metal tin. Auction doesn't start 'til half eight Thursday evening.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6439323070" target="_blank">THE Star Wars Boxset

Queen Firey-Bou

also available direct;

half a tonne of clay
encyclopeadia brittanica
various oxides...

puleeese buy my stuff

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5622172222&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1" target="_blank">Bou regrets telling her stalkers where she hides

Queen Firey-Bou

I'm also flogging oil paintings direct from web site now, cos ebay is crap for selling that sort of art.

Link: http://www.balnacra.com/art" target="_blank">piscean colours a go go