Main Menu

APRIL ART COMP - THE DAY THE LAW DIED

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 03 April, 2014, 12:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sideshow Bob

I cannot draw to save myself,  but I do know what I like when I see it......

And that piece Mr Austin, well that is just incredible !! ...... :o
The pencils were great, but the inking on that.....Wow !!

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Steven Austin

8-Ball

Well that's one vote sorted out. What else have you folks got? :lol:
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

amines2058

Quote from: Eightball on 11 April, 2014, 11:00:08 AM

Not a lot at the moment. Have got a few fag packet sketches simply running through some ideas I have had. Realistically though will probably not get a chance to get anything down on (digital) paper until at least next week. In all honesty it will take some doing for anyone to top Steve's effort. Inked or not as I said previously it is amazing. And I could quite easily see a coloured version of that as a Starscan type 1 pager in the prog!

8-Ball

Quote from: amines2058 on 11 April, 2014, 12:37:00 PM

Not a lot at the moment. Have got a few fag packet sketches simply running through some ideas I have had. Realistically though will probably not get a chance to get anything down on (digital) paper until at least next week. In all honesty it will take some doing for anyone to top Steve's effort. Inked or not as I said previously it is amazing. And I could quite easily see a coloured version of that as a Starscan type 1 pager in the prog!

I was just jesting - no pressure. :D As I might have mentioned before I can't draw to save myself and therefore have a lot of admiration for those that can. There so many possibilities with the Cal saga (robo-Dredd, Slocum being pickled, the introduction of the Kleggs etc.) that my frustration at my own lack of talent bubbles through.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

amines2058

Quote from: Eightball on 11 April, 2014, 01:15:20 PM
Quote from: amines2058 on 11 April, 2014, 12:37:00 PM

I was just jesting - no pressure. :D As I might have mentioned before I can't draw to save myself and therefore have a lot of admiration for those that can. There so many possibilities with the Cal saga (robo-Dredd, Slocum being pickled, the introduction of the Kleggs etc.) that my frustration at my own lack of talent bubbles through.

No it is too late now the bar has been set......I must succeed.....pressure too great...cannot fail :-\ ;)

Joking aside I never expect to ever win any of these. As cheesy as it sounds I just enjoy the taking part and also seeing what everyone else makes of the theme. Now I am drawing again it is just nice to have a different theme and challenge to inspire me to get creative!!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Pete Wells on 08 April, 2014, 11:28:22 PM

Why isn't anyone talking about Wellsy's piece?  It's up there with Buttonman's best! (It gave me a giggle, anyway.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Fungus

Jayzus you've made me look again.
And now I see the Comedian's blood-spattered badge...
Please say you meant this Pete?  :)

Fungus

'Dredd v Cal'

Pencil on paper [and some text to finish it off]. Wanted something that included plenty of characters.

Steven Austin

Quote from: Fungus on 13 April, 2014, 12:33:55 AM
'Dredd v Cal'

Pencil on paper [and some text to finish it off]. Wanted something that included plenty of characters.

Nice pencils man! Love that Dredd profile and the reflections in his helmet are spot on.

Fungus

Cheers Steven  :)
I don't have the artistic chops for crowd scenes or anything too fancy so pencils it is...

Dash Decent

Is Dredd modeled on the Mars Attacks cover?  Very nice!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.