Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 03 March, 2020, 01:47:53 PM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 03 March, 2020, 01:08:15 PM
Hey everyone here's an update.......but er.....still not happening.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do3D-LlIWug

I think it's fair to say it's dead in the water.

I'm not sure what people expected to happen when it was announced this was being developed, many seem to have assumed that meant they'd have a Dredd series on their telly a year later. That's not how these things work. As someone who works on entertainment media which takes years and years and years to develop before there's anything to tell or show the public, I really don't expect you'll hear anything else until it's much, much further along. Everything in the meantime is just speculation for clickbait.

The Mr. H video smells of horsemanure. As ever with making big-budget films and TV shows the unfortunate truth is it comes down to being about money (the lack of) and trying to get a buyer/investor.

2:58:40 in this video link:

http://lecturecapture.brookes.ac.uk/Mediasite/Play/6c4ccf77104642d68ec998b760375d271d?autostart=true&player=50a54cab1d3541bc913f556ea1b6df590a&playfrom=0

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 03 March, 2020, 01:47:53 PM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 03 March, 2020, 01:08:15 PM
Hey everyone here's an update.......but er.....still not happening.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do3D-LlIWug

I think it's fair to say it's dead in the water.

I'm not sure what people expected to happen when it was announced this was being developed, many seem to have assumed that meant they'd have a Dredd series on their telly a year later. That's not how these things work. As someone who works on entertainment media which takes years and years and years to develop before there's anything to tell or show the public, I really don't expect you'll hear anything else until it's much, much further along. Everything in the meantime is just speculation for clickbait.

^THIS^

I've had scripts on file and in the works, some of them for the better part of a decade - one of them is the entirity of Jikan Book IV. Most of my scripts seem to take around a year or two to get properly interpreted and printed. Sometimes it's quicker, but not very often.

And that's just for three to ten page comic scripts.

Which have already taken me days or weeks to write.

And months or years to dream up.

So yeah, creating stuff takes a lot of time - especially for a part-time hack with delusions of Wagnerhood like me. If you need to make money as well, that just adds another layer of arcane abstract forces and formulae that I know nothing about but clearly complicate the whole thing. I don't know about you, but if I had to deal with all that as well I'd never finish anyt
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rusty

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 March, 2020, 08:13:23 PM
Wow he spends a long time to say he knows nothing, knows no more than anyone else as no real insight and likes to kinda suggest he does and he's due something.
This Mr H character? Total plank, he is. He's picked up a rather nasty gathering recently too based on his recent spew he's put out about Hollywood "wokeness" and alt-right inspired clickbait, bandwagon bollocks. Reading his comments, it seems every other one you come across expresses concerns about "them" emasculating Dredd in some way or another. Do they even understand who it is that's making this project?

The dude

This TV show is not going to happen. Feck Rebellion!

Steve Green

The UK government is currently building a temporary morgue in London to house the victims of Covid 19.

Their optimistic death toll is 20,000 people in the UK, with no vaccine for a long while, coupled with a massive economic slump.

Maybe a sense of perspective is in order.

judgeurko

So this is never going to happen. Never. It was an interesting idea & may have been good.

sheridan

Quote from: judgeurko on 02 June, 2020, 09:29:32 AM
So this is never going to happen. Never. It was an interesting idea & may have been good.

Oh?  What new information do you have?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: judgeurko on 02 June, 2020, 09:29:32 AM

You're still going to watch it when it's out, though.
@jamesfeistdraws

ABCwarBOT

Well looks like Covid will be a final nail in the coffin.   I can't see it happening for a long time...if at all.

DrRocka

These naysayers haven't read the Summer special yet, I assume?
Seems work's proceeding not only on Mega City one, but other properties too....
Never ever bloody anything ever

Keef Monkey

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 26 June, 2020, 03:15:56 AM
Well looks like Covid will be a final nail in the coffin.   I can't see it happening for a long time...if at all.

They're actually one of the few productions who have spoken up about having a plan for that (and it sounds like a similar approach to The Mandalorian which looked very convincing) -

"Rebellion Studios, the film division of UK-based multimedia company Rebellion — which produces comic books, video games, film, and visual effects services — is currently in the process of producing film content with the help of its video game engine. It can create virtual environments that require minimal on-set demand from production teams. Camera work and lighting are performed remotely, actors are motion-captured in and out of scenes, and there's significant reduction in the amount of work needed in the post-production process, because computer-generated images are being created along with the live-action performances."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/23/how-hollywood-movie-making-becomes-virtual-after-coronavirus.html

IndigoPrime

If it happens, it won't be for a long time, but that is entirely usual. If people read a few books on movie and TV series production, I suspect they would be quite surprised how long it takes properties to reach the screen — and reason it's a small miracle pretty much anything appears at all.

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 June, 2020, 02:12:54 PM
If it happens, it won't be for a long time, but that is entirely usual. If people read a few books on movie and TV series production, I suspect they would be quite surprised how long it takes properties to reach the screen — and reason it's a small miracle pretty much anything appears at all.

...as has been pointed out a few times on this thread.  Though wasn't the last thing that ABCWarbot posted pretty negative as well?  Yep - four out of the last ten posts have been naysaying the JD:MC1 TV series (even as Rebellion are buying studios and recruiting an SFX team)...  There's a whole raft of developments from 2000AD and Rebellion (and even things about the world beyond) on this forum - why not be more positive?  You'll feel better in yourself!  Not that I'm trying to censor what anybody says, as long as it's within Rebellion's rules for the forum of course.

I'm reminded of those who were positive versus those who were negative before the Dredd film was released in 2012.  Guess which ones the producers put in as easter eggs?*

* I'm not saying that saying nice things on this thread will result in a graffiti tag or billboard poster in the TV series!

von Boom

Quote from: sheridan on 26 June, 2020, 04:37:35 PM
Guess which ones the producers put in as easter eggs?*

* I'm not saying that saying nice things on this thread will result in a graffiti tag or billboard poster in the TV series!
But you're not saying that it won't either, right? Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Say no more.

Richard

ABCwarbot has a history of nay-saying about this project, and I think he's just trolling us. Don't feed the trolls.