Main Menu

Prog 664

Started by Odd_Bloke, 03 September, 2009, 11:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odd_Bloke

Just read prog 664.  Thoughts below.

Chopper - Song of the Surfer, Part 11 - I haven't managed to decide whether or not I like the art in Chopper.  It's very pretty, but seems grainy in places (which is, I think, intentional but still bothers me).  The story's good, but I think I lose something of the last couple of pages (and particularly the final panel) from not having caught the start of the arc.

Bix Barton - Part 2 - This isn't really doing anything for me.  It feels like it's not really firing on all cylinders as far as the story goes, and the artwork, while good, doesn't really do enough to make up the difference.

Judge Dredd - Part 3 - Great episode.  First time meeting Kraken.  The pacing is really nice as it builds to the conclusion.  I guess that's what you get from Wagner.  Not really sure where this is going to go from here.

Future Shocks - "War and Peace" - Really like the premise of this, and the writing and art don't disappoint.  Probably the first Future Shock I've actually liked.  Only 4 pages long, but it might have less impact if it took longer to get where it was going.

Slaine - Volume II: Part 10 - With the proviso that I still don't really know what's going on in the story, this might be my favourite thrill this prog.  The art is amazing, and the writing of the exchange between the scribe and his god is genius.

Back Cover - This is a colour image of Bix Barton in his flying car, which looks really good.  Makes me wish the thrill was in colour (am I heathen for wanting that?).