Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Skullmo on 22 August, 2013, 09:05:25 AM
That Nemesis head is the same one used in the video for the Nemesis song

And also used in an Anderson PSI story in the 90's. News to follow... ;)

PS- Great Mick Austin spread there Skullmo, Joy Hogg never looked better.

hippynumber1

Mick Austin raises the bar. Beautiful...

TordelBack

Quote from: dark-spartan on 22 August, 2013, 08:56:50 AM
saying that the Nemesis one is just weird, I never imagined the character being made out of silly putty and black plastic bin bags

Any deficiencies in the costume were overwhelmed by the thrill of seeing Nemesis in the Denmark Street Forbidden Planet, akin to seeing Christ having a snooze in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre or the Prophet taking a spin around the Kaaba.

Some truly lovely Wilsher and Austin there lads.

Link Prime

As some of ye know, I was looking for a decent Henry Flint page for ages.
Finally picked one up from Wake's online crack den- a very cool page from The Cold Deck, with Dredd getting his ass handed to him by Sarah Palin.

Link Prime

With one of my favorite panels in recent times; an awesome Eagle of Justice shoulder pad rendition by Flint, getting drilled through by Tipp-Ex High Ex.

LOVE IT.

Simon Beigh

It's a great page, Rich. Full of Henry madness and magic. He uses so many different techniques to create his pages. Awesome...

Link Prime

Cheers Simeon.

And here's a little something for you and our fellow Leigh Gallagher fans; a DOC page featuring Dredd, Beeny & Logan.
Got this from Leigh directly, he's as nice a chap as he is an artist.

Simon Beigh

Ah - that is a fine page. Love the perspective of that top panel. Not as nice as my pages from DoC by the Gallagher droid, of course ;) Super stuff - you got any money left!

Link Prime

Quote from: SimeonB on 22 August, 2013, 02:19:13 PM
you got any money left!

Just enough to secure my first Steve Yeowell page, with The Red Seas pages going for a song on Wake's website.
Will be back for more I think.

Spikes

A fine haul of pages there, Rich. May well have to make enquires about this Gallagher chap...

hippynumber1

Colin YNWA

Can't beat a bit of Red Seas and that is a beaut

Link Prime

Dale recently struck a rich vein of Tony Luke gold, and very kindly offered me first dibs on the Anderson PSI pages.
Luke's stuff may not be to everyone's taste, but I think he's brilliant.
This is my favourite page from Postcards from the Edge.
The art board used is the thickest I've ever seen- the thing weighs a ton.
Only small problem is that it would be nearly impossible to remove the acetate lettering layer without damaging the paint underneath, so she'll be going on display as is.

I may be wrong, but did Luke re-use his 'Nemesis' sculpture to portray the Devil statue in this???

Fatboydale

Quote from: Link Prime on 23 August, 2013, 12:23:51 PM
Dale recently struck a rich vein of Tony Luke gold, and very kindly offered me first dibs on the Anderson PSI pages.
Luke's stuff may not be to everyone's taste, but I think he's brilliant.
This is my favourite page from Postcards from the Edge.
The art board used is the thickest I've ever seen- the thing weighs a ton.
Only small problem is that it would be nearly impossible to remove the acetate lettering layer without damaging the paint underneath, so she'll be going on display as is.

I may be wrong, but did Luke re-use his 'Nemesis' sculpture to portray the Devil statue in this???

A bit of a tumble weed moment going on here , me personally i love Tony Luke's art , it was pre Clint Langley and it was a different medium that hadn't really been seen before .....to really appreciate the art you have to see it up close .....

hippynumber1

Is that a sales pitch Dale?  :lol: