Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Pete Wells

A modern classic that Day of Chaos page.

Sideshow Bob

Can't believe some of the stuff that's being posted here recently !!.... :o
Absolutely marvellous pieces and a joy to look at....

Cheers, guys and many thanks for sharing your jamminess good fortune with the rest of us... :D

What a 'thread' this is.......really amazing stuff... and that Devlin page, and The Days of Chaos page,  and that Shakara..........and that, etc .....just wow....

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

hippynumber1

Elson 'Kingdom' cover prog 1574

hippynumber1

Skullmo

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 31 August, 2013, 12:39:36 PM
Wow, Skullmo...
I'm intensely jealous, very happy for you on acquiring that Devlin Waugh page...
It's truly wonderful, and would fit in my Devlin collection really well...

Well done mate......Was it for sale,  or did you acquire it directly from the artist ???
I only ask coz I'd not seen it anywhere ??

Cheers

It was acquired in a trade and not for sale. Thankfully I have nice things that I enjoy trading! I find trading a lot more fun than selling. My bank do not like it as much though.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

Quote from: Judge Jack on 31 August, 2013, 02:35:18 PM
Day of Chaos: A tale that took nearly a year to unfold, and when the day finally arrived we was left with this closing image.....

Wonderful!! I was going to go after that page, but Mr O'neill got in the way! :(
It's a joke. I was joking.

Graff Vynda K

Blimey! I step away for 24 hours and all this turns up. Fantastic!

Flint, McNeil and Weston are three major holes in my collection...

Frank

Quote from: Graff Vynda K on 31 August, 2013, 04:23:50 PM
Flint, McNeil and Weston are three major holes in my collection...

How rude.

Sideshow Bob

More wonderful stuff....This is the 'thread' that never stops giving...

Mark, that Kingdom page is terrific.....But.....That MacNeil Insurrection page is just........ way, way beyond fabulous......an amazing piece.....
That Mr MacNeil really can draw a bit.............it's just an incredible page filled with awesomeness....I defy anybody who's interested in original comic artwork not to love that page......I'm almost speechless with envy...

Really well done on acquiring these recent additions....

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Simon Beigh

Wow! Someone just got a 2 litre bottle of Awesome Sauce and tipped it over this thread... Weston is like an art god to me, I gotta get me some of his work. A Shakara cover!! Aaaaagggghhhh! Special wee time! Bloody brilliant! Well done, Mark. And an Elson cover. OMFG to use the language of young people. Then a MacNeil Insurrection...  Holy Moly...

And Iain, a truly iconic page from a truly iconic artist.

I'm going to go and have a sit down. I've got over excited. Happy, calm place..... Oommmmm... ;)

ming

It never rains, but it pours... (And here's me with a self-inflicted art-drought - more-or-less ;))

Great stuff, folks.

Simon Beigh

Some people have asked me to share a bit more of my Marshall collection. I shall, I promise - it's just a question of scanning and posting and all that stuff. I'm trying to read 140+ Megs here guys AND blog about them!

However, I just had to share this Meg 297 cover. Because it's fabulous. There's no computer trickery here, folks, this is Mr Marshall at his finest. Done with pens and markers, he did it originally as just a litle sketch. He showed it to Tharg, who immediately commissioned it as a cover. So Paul tidied it up a bit and here it is. It's only on A4, but some good things come in small packages...

I am fortunate enough to own a number of Paul's pages, and a few covers, but this is simply stunning in every way. Reminds me a little of the cover from Restricted Files 3, which Smiffy owns the original of.

Greg / Link - how'd you like them apples ;)

Sideshow Bob

Another cracker !!

Well done, SimeonB that is a beaut !!
( And continuing in 'the young folks' language......That's totes mega, innit !! )...

A really nice piece,  with the splash of red highlighting the violence lurking within the Black and White......A really great piece of artwork !!...
Cheers

Spikes

Simeon gave me a sneaky peek of this the other day. And it's a most striking piece, isnt it. Sometimes 'simple' is the best.