Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Life is drokking fantastic because i've just discovered the NUS Student dicount card which means I can now get my comics and BD's at like a 45% discount. Oh why didn't I hear of this sooner?!

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Spikes

Indeed.

45% discount, eh? Not to be sniffed at, that.

Theblazeuk

Hawkmumbler

Just apply here....
http://www.nus.org.uk/en/nus-extra/

It should be noted that it's not 45% on every brand or retail establishment that partakes in the service, and the card does cost £30 at first, but you can use it for the entire time your are a student or are in part time education so i'm pretty much covered for at least the next decade!

Theblazeuk

I know about the NUS card :) Thanks to being an administrator at a student's union for a short wihle, I have one with let's say an unusually long expiry date ;)

However I am out of the loop on what it can be used for. Where can you get comics at that whopping discount? I've only seen pennies off at Waterstones in the past.

TordelBack

I've just had the best meal of my life. I had no idea some of those tastes even existed. There was a toasted marshmallow in there somewhere which on its own would be in my all-time Top Ten mouthfuls. And the celeriac risotto, I think I found God halfway through. Is this how wealthy people live, in a perpetual state of epicurian bliss? How do they find time to fuck anyone over? No wonder they cleave to that money like it was the their life's blood - this is what it pays for!

Sadly the wonderful madeline that formed part of desert only evoked perfect recall of The Transporter. A la recherche du voitures perdu.

ZenArcade

Ah Tordel I share your epicurean bliss. L'addition....vous? Z

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

If you had only reached over the side of that boat, you could have had Duck a l'orange. Z

TordelBack

Quote from: ZenArcade on 13 February, 2015, 09:57:07 PM
Ah Tordel I share your epicurean bliss. L'addition....vous? Z

Feck no! It was a voucher frustratingly given in lieu of pay for much overtime, its value clearly unrecognised by giver (or receipient) until the first of 8 mindblowing set courses arrived. I'm still struggling with the idea that gingerbread crisps exist, never mind that you should eat them with chicken liver pate, never mind that chicken liver pate is itself actually edible. How terrifying to think that this sort of thing goes on every day!

ZenArcade

Expose: The 1% uncovered. Nothing like a good bail out to keep the hogs at the golden trough. Z

TordelBack

Quote from: ZenArcade on 14 February, 2015, 08:56:13 AM
Expose: The 1% uncovered. Nothing like a good bail out to keep the hogs at the golden trough. Z

I want in. Shift over, Peppa.

ZenArcade

F**k with the money they have; they've probably developed a cartoon to reality translation device and are eating cloned peppas at 50k a pop. 'Because we can' Z

Taryn Tailz

I've accepted a job offer on the historically renowned (or however you want to describe it) Holy Island. It's going to beat working in a city centre shop, that's for sure.  :D

https://www.lindisfarne.org.uk/