Main Menu

Covers Uncovered Annual 2021

Started by SmallBlueThing(Reborn), 14 January, 2022, 01:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Received this today- and it looks, on first flick, exceptional. I look forward to the remaining 43 volumes being published post haste.

I wonder why it has a barcode on the cover though, if it's only for sale through the webshop?

SBT

I, Cosh

We never really die.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Quote from: I, Cosh on 14 January, 2022, 02:13:09 PM
Is it in French?

I have now actually read the thread in question and understand your question, senor Cosh. Ha, no, it's very much in English. I am hoping that the French mixup elsewhere is completely deliberate and is a broad-spectrum joke on perceived 'middle aged gammon comics readers who voted for Brexit', that has sadly missed the target because we are mostly Lefty Remoaners hereabouts. I look forward to the explosive reactions on Facebook from the usual suspects at Tharg daring to send out stinky foreign muck.

SBT
SBT

BPP

My copy of this landed today and the content is fantastic but the format a bit disposable... mine came already bashed at the corners from transit.

Regardless of format it's a must have - beautiful art given focus and attention. I'd buy this in hardcover anytime. A great addition to the annual roster.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Molch-R

Thanks for the feedback, really glad you enjoyed the book - sadly, sales on the Covers Uncovered book have been very poor and so it's not something we'll be repeating this year, sorry.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Molch-R on 10 March, 2022, 06:34:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback, really glad you enjoyed the book - sadly, sales on the Covers Uncovered book have been very poor and so it's not something we'll be repeating this year, sorry.

Impressived you are being so candid. Shame on me for not getting around to ordering this yet.

Barrington Boots

This is sad news: Covers Uncovered was one of my favourite things I bought from the Webshop last year and I was hoping it would continue, but this decision makes sense if sales were bad.
Bogus!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Lorenzo

Quote from: Molch-R on 10 March, 2022, 06:34:29 PM
Doesn't surprise me really. I enjoyed it, but it is a bit thin on content isn't it? It is basically just a collection of cover prints - where's the "uncovered" bit? There wasn't enough background or sketches showing the development of the art for me. I was expecting way more info from the artists showing or explaining their drawing processes. Only a couple of them really did this in any detail. Sales may not have been helped by the fact that the 2000AD logo was also half covered and quite small.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I asked about this earlier, but got no response- I had to order mine from the webshop. Never saw it in any shops on my travels. But it had a barcode on the cover, which suggests it was supposed to be distributed. So- a problem there?

SBT

Dash Decent

Mine arrived, soaking wet.  I'm a bit loathe to contact Rebellion as my last book from them also arrived soaking wet and had to be replaced.  i suppose cardboard packaging is environmentally friendly but some kind of plastic lining would be useful.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.