Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeFuzzed

Quote from: George Dread on 29 May, 2012, 12:01:08 PM
I decided to try that "Girl with de Dragon Tattoo". 

...I have no idea what you just said. Did I watch a different film - was yours the original one, by any chance? Anyway, my point is - eh? It may be I've been gardening too long and am slightly messed up, but after re-reading a few times, still can't figure your words out.

The Killer Inside Me - Sadomasochism and misogyny. Uncomfortable watching. Jessica Alba gets her ass belted if you're into that sort of thing. Cute ass, but like I said, uncomfortable all the way through. Kate Hudson gets punched, kicked and humiliated. There's a fire. I have to tell you, I didn't actually get much of the story because I was too busy waiting for the train wreck to get worse and worse. And it did.

Hoagy

I decided to try the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo out as in watched it because I watched the first 15 minutes and thought I'd try it.
It was the American remake, but the book Daniel Craig tears up in desperation to keep warm in the house given to him for research by his client, played by Chris Plummer, is a Kurt Vonnegut book. I, being a fan of Kurt, wished to know which of his books was making a cameo. As it's title is in another language. I thought this would be an interesting question to ask here.

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Tiplodocus

Love film really need to start listing the actors in the film descriptions. I've just accidentally watched a Danny Dyer double bill.

STRAIGHTHEADS - Gillian Anderson and her outstanding nipples and Danny Dyer in a low key drama/revenge thriller. Too salacious and lurid and literal to make any decent points.

AGE OF HEROES - Ian Fleming gets Sean Bean to create a commando squad with cockerney geeza Dyer on a budget of approximately 36p. Very Boys Own.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Roger Godpleton

Danny Dyer is your're favourite actor and you want to marry him.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Tiplodocus

That would actually be The Rock or Tom Cruise.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

JamesC

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 31 May, 2012, 11:52:50 PM
Danny Dyer is your're favourite actor and you want to marry him.

If you said this to my girlfriend you would actually be correct!

To be honest I quite like Danny Dyer. he's been in some shit films but I think he seems like a nice bloke. The Business is really good and his documentary on UFOs is one of my favourite pieces of TV ever - it's hilarious (especially when he goes to see Patrick Moore at his house).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1RaIWZq5Q8

SmallBlueThing

THE GREY (2011)

Liam Neeson is a wolf-killer working a drilling station up in the frozen north, whose plane crashes in the middle of nowhere and has to lead a bunch of tough types to safety, while being hunted by a pack of man-eating wolves.

Sold as a balls-out gory action movie, it's massively not. What we have instead is terrifyingly bleak exploration of loss. It's nowhere near the thriller you hope for, but when it remembers that's why you're watching it does step up pretty well. There's nothing too silly and much to like. How much you like will be down to how tolerant you are of Neeson's burly honest irish shtick.

Greg Nicotero and Howard Berger did the animatronics, so you can at least watch some quality wolf-work, however you feel about qui-gon collins.

SBT

Albion

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 01 June, 2012, 11:29:40 PM
THE GREY

SBT

I thought you were going to watch Osombie. 

Or Dexter.  ;)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

SmallBlueThing

We went with liam neeson instead, mr albion. The reanimated bin laden and his evil zombie hordes may happen tonight, if the kids would ever go to bed!

SBT

SmallBlueThing

OSOMBIE (2012)

I cant believe this forum has an entire thread dedicated to a yawnarama like 'prometheus' (havent seen, dont intend to) and yet nothing is said about this. In case you were unaware, this is a zombie movie in which Osama Bin Laden injected himself with zombie formula before being shot, so comes back to life, staggers out of the sea, and is immediaty seized by the taliban and used as a figurehead in their ongoing war.

Let's not have a discussion about whether this is in poor taste- let's firstly note the most remarkable things about 'osombie': that's it's not a comedy and that it is very good indeed. In fact, along with 'the dead', i'd say it's one of my favourite zombie flicks of the last mumblety years.

The cast is likeable, the humour coming from their characters and not forced upon them as you would expect from a movie that sounds, on the face of it, so fucking stupid. The story, if you're familiar with world events post-2001 sort of writes itself, the film itself is sensitively (cont)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 02 June, 2012, 10:33:47 PM
I cant believe this forum has an entire thread dedicated to a yawnarama like 'prometheus' (havent seen, dont intend to)

It's shit, you'll love it.

SmallBlueThing

(cont) and at times beautifully shot with some fantastic compositions unexpectedly thrown into the mix, and the effects (while mainly of cgi bloodletting variety) are copious and splattery. Makeup fiends will enjoy the zombie prosthetics, which are gorgeous for what they are- with bin laden himself being a suitably memorable creation.

Seeing as it's about soldiers, parallels to 'dog soldiers' come naturally to mind, and it held up pretty well, i reckon. Grud knows what commando forces will make of the military bits, but i reckon it'll give him plenty to get his teeth into. There's one sequence in a tunnel, featuring the katana-wielding skills of the groups lady-soldier that is bound to get up big jb's arse, and during which i could hear his teeth grinding- but which for me was a sensual highlight of a movie that is far more of a banquet of textures and layers and lovely bits than you'd assume. Zombie movie fans will love it. Everyone else's opinions dont matter anyway.

SBT

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 02 June, 2012, 10:35:43 PM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 02 June, 2012, 10:33:47 PM
I cant believe this forum has an entire thread dedicated to a yawnarama like 'prometheus' (havent seen, dont intend to)
It's shit, you'll love it.

Ha! You split SBT's post like the Black-fucking-Dahlia.

Roger Godpleton

So "your're" isn't funny but the brutal murder of women is? I see.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: bikini kill on 02 June, 2012, 10:55:38 PM

Ha! You split SBT's post like the Black-fucking-Dahlia.

I cut Elizabeth short.