Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 16 July, 2014, 09:51:40 AM
Lego Movie: Batman's darkness song is the best NIN/Linkin parody I've ever heard

This was on heavy rotation in the car on our recent trip.  It's just great:

"Darkness - No Parents!
Super-rich - Kinda makes it better!"

Still my favourite movie Batman.

There's also something akin to genius about 'Everything is Awesome' - not only do the lyrics satirise the unthinking gormless conformity of Lord Business' world (and real-world equivalents), they also evoke the 'reality' of being made of Lego, and at the same time manage to celebrate the core human pleasures of mutual co-operation and sense of wonder.  It's clever stuff.  Catchy too. 

JamesC

I watched Sharknado last night.

It was okay. I'm not really sure what made it a breakout hit - it seemed pretty much like every other Asylum film I've ever seen.
My favourite bit was when the obnoxious new husband got shark-mugged through his front room window.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: sauchie on 16 July, 2014, 09:51:40 AM

You forgot to tell us whether you would have done Kathleen Turner back then and whether you would still do her now, Thryllseekr. Lego Movie: Batman's darkness song is the best NIN/Linkin parody I've ever heard

http://youtu.be/pqv_LUStxDw

Would I still do K.Turner????

Really can't answer that properly with out being mean, but you should know that I really just shallow guy who's only interested in women who still look in their prime.

A old school friend of mine....(Not sure if he reads me here...) , but he was always a big fan of her and would watch some film with her and Steve Martin in it. Something to do with miracle revolutionary brain surgery.

BTW, I've seen the whole Lego Movie trilogy....well not really...I just watched the same film three times......and it's not really a film about LEGO the way I grew up with it.

Frank

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 16 July, 2014, 01:09:47 PM
BTW, I've seen the whole Lego Movie trilogy....well not really...I just watched the same film three times......and it's not really a film about LEGO the way I grew up with it.

Did you really watch it three times, or did you just have it on a loop while you were playing computer games?  Maybe it didn't feel like a Lego movie to you because it's basically the plot of all three Matrix movies, with Liam Neeson ("Mammy, Daddy!") taking the part of Agent Smith and Kragle instead of deconstructionist critical theory. The film your buddy used to watch is Carl Reiner's The Man with Two Brains, and it's worth watching just for the joke about azaleas.

ThryllSeekyr

When I purchased the movie....the special Box-office channel that plays it will play it again and again until round about five o'clock the next morning. There is about ten-twenty minute gap in between each session.

I just couldn't stand the Everything is Awesome song.

Yes, Man with Two-Brains was the film I couldn't quite recall the name of before. You see her breast or one of them in this one and it's another classic film we're yet to see likes again in this current day and age.

TordelBack

"Blue skies, bouncy springs
We just named two awesome things
A Nobel prize, a piece of string
You know what's awesome? EVERYTHING!

Dogs with fleas, allergies,
A book of Greek antiquities
Brand new pants, a very old vest
Awesome items are the best."

That there is lyrical gold.

HdE

Pals dragged me to see the latest Transformers movie last night.

It was awful.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

von Boom

Quote from: HdE on 17 July, 2014, 05:30:52 PM
Pals dragged me to see the latest Transformers movie last night.

It was awful.

Some pals.   :-\

HdE

I took my revenge by eviscerating the movie in the pub later.

It was a massacre. Not even the children were spared.

Grugz

how to train your dragon 2 enjoyable stuff more dragons including a very impressive "alpha" and some dark turns for our hero [spoiler]namely stoic being killed by toothless[/spoiler]  cant wait for 3!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

JamesC

Scooby Doo 2

Really good and surprisingly funny. I never thought I'd fancy Velma but that's all changed after seeing this.
I think it's by the same guy who's doing Guardians of the Galaxy. This ticks the boxes of ensemble cast and comedy so it bodes well for the new Marvel flick.

IronGraham

Iron Man 3 this is defiantly made by the guy who did kiss kiss bang bang
We're werewolves not swearwolves

HdE

Quote from: IronGraham on 22 July, 2014, 06:46:28 PM
Iron Man 3 this is defiantly made by the guy who did kiss kiss bang bang
[/quote

Yeah. You can just tell he REALLY wanted to show us!

shaolin_monkey

How to Train Your Dragon 2 - loved it!  Lots of dragons, a good plot, some really touching moments, and ace 3D.

NapalmKev

Transformers 4.

Madly enough I thought the first 45-60 mins were actually not complete dogshit. But overall...

The acting was capable enough but I refuse to believe that guy (the boyfriend, I forget his name) is 20 years old!

The plot is a bit on the crapside, the gist of it being - [spoiler]humans are building transformers but Megatron is actually running the show. The human built transformers are somehow more advanced than the real ones and can be animated without the 'Spark'. And then some Dinobots turn up?[/spoiler]

Pffft! On the plus side I didn't pay to watch it, although arguably I've lost a few precious hours of my life. But that's my own fault for watching it.

Cheers

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"