Main Menu

Is this It For Ghostbusters Two....

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 19 February, 2016, 10:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

McCarthy is definitely a skilled comic actor, even if I 've never really enjoyed the stuff she's been in.

I agree that he is essentially a likeable fellow and a genuine fan to boot, but I can't see what choice TS had left The Powers That Be. He'd been warned a dozen times, many others had tried to explain the problem to him here and in PMs for -literally- years. This wasn't like Godpleton's rather silly forum-suicide-by-goatse, it was a genuine refusal to see what was wrong with what he was saying/doing. And it really was very wrong.

I'm going to miss his crazy insights and shaggy dog stories, but my real concern is that he's now more isolated than ever, and I can't imagine that will help his problems or those of the people around him. It's not Rebellion's responsibility to host an unqualified therapy group, but I do wish we could have helped him, in the way this place has helped me.

Professor Bear

Triumphalist crowing about the banning isn't the way to go and I'd like to think doing it - inevitable or not - was something the mods found difficult, as TS clearly spent a significant amount of time here and this was a big part of his life.

Hawkmumbler

I take no pleasure in TS departure, however having known at least one female boarder being actively driven away by his misogynistic ramblings, an individual whom I thought brought far more to the community than TS, I can't lie that i'm grateful for the mods desision. Mayor has his problems, it's time he dealt with them himself rather than venting inappropriate attitudes on here, which I consider a generaly very liberal and polite place.

Quote from: JamesC on 10 June, 2016, 06:54:19 AM
Anyway, I watched Spy the other night, which stars Melissa McCarthy and it was really good fun. I think this new Ghostbusters might be alright you know.
I really enjoyed Spy, so I too have modest expectation of Ghostbusters 2016.

sheridan

Quote from: Tordelback on 10 June, 2016, 06:06:03 AM
Sorry for dragging this out further, but I am sorry to see TS banned, although I can't see what else could have been done. Despite obvious problems the guy is a genuinely obsessive fan of Slaine, and all sorts of overlapping interests like 80s games, RPGs, LotR, and it's clear the forum was a significant point of human contact for him: one of us, in other words. I liked a lot of his rambling descriptive posts. However, I'm sorrier still that he never seemed to understand why his self-reported behaviour and attitudes towards women was fundamentally wrong, and his accounts of it inappropriate for this site.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's sorry to see him go.  It's obvious that he had problems and while his homophobia and sexism were concerning, his ongoing mental condition is also concerning.  I think it's wishing to much to hope that he'll grow out of these attitudes, but I do hope he finds some happiness and a more peaceful mental state.

Dandontdare

Yeah, I often thought it was good that he was part of a community that would pull him up when needed but without flaming or abusing him. But I don't know what the PM business was, so it's hard to say.

Goaty

Odd, just saw this news on social that Sony has released the gag reel and B-Roll footage from the new Ghostbusters film in US.

But was it normally come out after the film's release or for DVD release? Are Sony that desperate now?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 29 June, 2016, 09:40:06 PM
Odd, just saw this news on social that Sony has released the gag reel and B-Roll footage from the new Ghostbusters film in US.

But was it normally come out after the film's release or for DVD release? Are Sony that desperate now?

It's very common. Marvel always release B-roll footage early as did IMGlobal for Dredd before it was released. It can get re-used for news items.

Goaty

Professor Bear

If that's what they cut out, what they leave in must be pure gold!

Goaty

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Goaty

Mmmm lots of reviews said it good? Oh well.

Hawkmumbler

Stan

Monday seems like an odd day to release a movie. Was it an attempt to get out positive reviews before the North American opening weekend (which was not expected to be massive)?

SIP

Most likely released it on a monday to get a longer opening weekend box office return.