Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Beigh

Last one for a while, I think. Paul Marshall pens Ulysses Sweet. I think some folks liked this story, others loathed it. Whatever your persuasion I defy anyone to not like a guy wearing a dolphin on his head!

hippynumber1

The second of my Ranson pages, this time a beautiful splash from Maze World Bk II: The Hanged Man.

Zenith 666

Gorgeous piece to have no more Ranson work in 2000ad makes me miserable even reading through Shamballa mega collection as much as I enjoyed it it really upset me that he's retired.Supremly talented.

hippynumber1

The last of my recent purchases (although I did pick up some corkers at The Birmingham Comics Festival over the weekend, I haven't scanned them yet) is this simply stunning John M Burns M.A.C.H.1 cover to Extreme Edition #6. Thanks to Wiggz for getting this sorted for me and, PLEASE Tharg, can we have a Complete Collection now?

Greg M.

It's a fantastic cover - it makes M.A.C.H.1 look like the greatest 70s action movie never made.

Colin YNWA

Fungus

What a composition, that is just wonderful.

Link Prime

Original art Hive-mind;

Ever have a speech bubble fall off a page of vintage 2000AD artwork?
Any recommendations on the type of adhesive that could be used to re-apply it?
(I'm assuming it isn't Pritt Stick).

hippynumber1

I have never had that happen but have heard that Pritt stick is fine. It's a very 'passive' glue and is designed specifically for paper so...

Geoff

I had the 'Credit Card' fall off an old Ron Smith Dredd page and used Pritt Stick to stick it back on. 

This was many years ago though, not sure I'd be so casual now..

Also, it was quite thick card, not sure how thick the speech bubble is..

matty_ae

I would use School PVA
Buy a brush with a fat rounded end that you can beat the glue thinly with.
Practice beating the glue very thinly on a piece of card and then when you've got the right amount continue to beat it onto the back of the speech bubble very thinly but with even application.
If you brush glue it could distort the paper - so this method I've learned from book binding.

Timothy

Quote from: matty_ae on 23 April, 2015, 02:56:50 PM
I would use School PVA
Buy a brush with a fat rounded end that you can beat the glue thinly with.
Practice beating the glue very thinly on a piece of card and then when you've got the right amount continue to beat it onto the back of the speech bubble very thinly but with even application.
If you brush glue it could distort the paper - so this method I've learned from book binding.

Is beating the glue a euphemism?

Skullmo

Since 1969, has been Pritt Stick the ideal clean, quick and accurate way of sticking paper, cardboard and photos. Pritt is the world market leader and the originator of glue stick.

Thanks to it's new formula the Pritt Stick Glues even more paper with one stick & remains stronger on paper than competition. This was also analyzed by the Fraunhofer IFAM institute.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

Yeah, nowt wrong with using a bit of Pritt stick to re-apply a speech balloon.