Main Menu

Luke Kirby

Started by Timothy, 21 November, 2016, 07:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanharry

Number 65 for me.

Still bummed out that I missed out on the HC of The Last American.

hippynumber1

126 for me; how the hell is that so high, it's not like I was slow off the mark? Ho hum. I also have two of the signed prints so, if you have copy 122, I have yours! Drop me a pm and we'll sort out posting it on to you.

Rara Avis

I have not received an email to say my order has been despatched. Has everyone else?

Timothy

I got the book but no dispatch email.

Rara Avis

Ah ok, I guess I can expect it any day now so.

Exciting times!

Tony Angelino

I didn't get despatch email but I got the book and print today. Better that than the other way round I suppose.

Its a nice book, thicker than I thought it would be. There will be about half of it I haven't read before and it will look well on the shelf when I've finished reading it.

Tjm86

Aye, 'tis a thing of beauty to be sure.  Rebellion seem to have woken up to this and are finding ways of making it appealing even though it might be part of a wider collection already.  Ridgeway and Parkhouse's artwork is sublime and for me this shows why I don't hold Rowling in much regards.  Far superior.

When they emailed about the Last American bookplate balls up they said that they were looking at the problems with the dispatch emails since the same thing happened with the 40th Anniversary prog.  Looks like they've decided to dispense with them, at least for now anyhoo.  Not a loss.  Nice surprise.  Also the packaging is much better this time round.

And yes is does look good on the shelf with the rest of Rebellion's recent offerings.

Woolly

No email, but the book turned up. Somehow I got number 12, so im guessing these have been randomly selected. No way was I the twelfth to place an order!

And yes, the book is absolutely stunning!

Geoff

I have the email but no book...wish it was the other way round...

Rately

167 for me.

Lovely stuff. As others have said, it will look lovely on the book shelf when I've got around to reading it.

CalHab

I got mine yesterday but only received the email today. It really is a lovely thing and John Ridgway's art is even better than I remember. Well done to everyone at Rebellion.

I'm not sure the numbering is in any order. I must have been one of the earlier orders, and my copy is 160-something.

IndigoPrime

On having a longer look yesterday, it's good to see the ordering's done correctly, that the collection is complete, and that the repro is as good as can be expected. There's a little moire here and there, but mostly the imagery looks as it should. The paper feels oddly thin to my hands, but doesn't show through anything from the reverse side. There's a touch of warping to the pages as a whole, but nothing too bad. Print is crisp and clear.

Moreover, it's interesting to see how many of the 'we will never see this' stories are now out. We have the full set of Zenith and Luke Kirby; Burger Wars is in the wild; and many more obscure titles are seeing print. In an ancient suggestions thread from – gulp! – 2002(!), I listed:

Firekind
Revere
The complete Zenith (yeah, like that'll _ever_ happen)
Not Finn, as it was total poo
Dante, right from the start, in as few books as possible
Button Man (yeah, it's creator-owned, but so what?)
Stront Dog - The Killing
Luke Kirby

(Sorry, Finn fans.) Bar a lack of John Smith love and Finn, everything else has seen print – and even those other titles have come out in some way (in Extreme Editions or Meg floppies). That said, I would love a Firekind trade, with corrected episode order. Perhaps it'd be good to release at the same time as the Avatar sequel, next December!

TordelBack

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 May, 2017, 11:11:45 AM
That said, I would love a Firekind trade, with corrected episode order. Perhaps it'd be good to release at the same time as the Avatar sequel, next December!

Pretty sure we were arguing this for the original DVD release!  But yes, yes and thrice yes. A bumper John Smith hardback would tickle the old receptors (even aside from the good odds on representation in the Hachette series if it comes to pass).

Prodigal2

Looking forward to reading this though I must confess a moral lapse since I had already pre-ordered it on Amazon. I cancelled that this morning and bought it from Tharg.

I feel cleaner now.

Max Headroom

Just wondering why the 2000ad Yearbook 1994 story 'Trick or Treat' was omitted? (I really hate it when things are not complete).