Main Menu

Recommend an MMO please

Started by von Boom, 12 December, 2011, 04:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Hello all,

I'm thinking of starting up a new MMO. I already have played LotR, Star Trek, and Star Wars Galaxies. I'd like  to try something new. I'm considering Age of Conan, but am open to any suggestions from other MMO players.

JvB

Keef Monkey

I'm assuming you're a PC player, but if you have a PS3 DC Universe is free to play nowadays and looks pretty good. Can't fully endorse it as I downloaded it and made a character and then got distracted by other things, but it might be worth a pop!

von Boom

Yeah, I should have said PC. I don't own a PS3, but if the new Doctor Who game doesn't come out for Xbox, I'll end up buying one. I do love the idea of a console MMO though. I'll look into it, thanks.

JvB

James Stacey

stick with LOTRO :) Don't go with Conan it was pretty much still born and everyone jumped ship after about a month. SW - KOTOR MMO is coming out soon if you liked galaxies.

von Boom

That's too bad about Age of Conan as I am a huge Conan/Howard fan. I guess deep down I knew it wouldn't be what I wanted or I would have tried it by now. Thanks.

JvB

Emp

Have to disagree bout Conan, i enjoyed it immensley and got far more out of it than i did any of the superhero MMOs or Star Trek (which i quit before the free trail period).

If your looking for a new MMO just hang on to the 20th and get the new Star Wars on with everyone else :D

von Boom

I'm a little burned out on Star Wars at the moment. Even though I was selected for the last beta test, they never sent me a key. Too bad. Maybe I should just buy and play Skyrim until I'm more certain about what I want. Thanks.

JvB

bluemeanie

Skyrim is awesome but as others have said, DCU Online is free as is Champions Online

Why not give them a go? If you dont enjoy them all you've lost is the download time

Emp

Yep Skyrim definatley a good choice. With all the talk of DC being free its worth mentioning that Age of Conan is free too, with the usual restrictions of lvl and class.

Proper Dave

If you want one that's worth the money, then Guild Wars - of which you can pick up three free-to-play Campaigns at once for something like twelve quid now.

Yes, it started like six years ago, but it still holds up well. Plus, with the expansion, you can transfer your achievements to the amazing-looking Guild Wars 2, which is gonna be released sometime this year When It's Done.
Take care. Have fun. Bring your own banjo.
http://www.pseudopod.empty-spaces.net

von Boom

Never tried Guild Wars. I'll look into it. Thanks for the idea.

I did download Age of Conan to try, but life has really eaten up any game time I might have. I'm hoping to try it soon.

JvB