Main Menu

2000AD: Project Sketchbook

Started by ming, 16 November, 2013, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

Quote from: ming on 18 July, 2017, 10:34:03 AM
Dan Lish has just blown my mind again...  I love this to bits.
How did he manage to make an engraving in your sketchbook? :o

Colin YNWA

Have to be honest don't know the name at all but heavens to Betsy that is astonishing!

Spikes

That is just frickin' lovely.  :thumbsup:

It was this thread, and the tales within, that got me to pull my finger out, and start up my own (much more modest) Sketchbook quest. So much fun.

Are all your 3(?) Sketchbooks back in play now?

(I wonder when Tharg will treat us to a new sketchbook. I mean, the last one is 5 years old and counting now...)

ming

Thanks Iain (and the rest of you).  It's great to see you get started on your own sketchbook - it's a fantastic way to go and, personally, more rewarding even than collecting original (published) artwork.

There are four books doing the rounds now (two got tied up for over a year so I put two more out there just to prevent the whole thing grinding to a halt).  The book Dan had is hopefully moving on this week, as is another (moving on from Sean Philips); I'm not used to such rapid progress! (But not complaining!)

Timothy

I think Mr Phillips has just posted his on Twitter, and it's a doozy.

ming

Quote from: Timothy on 19 July, 2017, 03:32:10 PM
I think Mr Phillips has just posted his on Twitter, and it's a doozy.

Yeah, he sent me a pic earlier and it is, indeed, a doozy.  49 images now and this is only the second Dredd...

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

Spikes

Sean will be attending Thought Bubble this year.

I'll be making a beeline straight to his table now  :o :thumbsup:

Colin YNWA

YIKES! Indeed. Love that fact. It just goes to show the depth of fantastic charcaters beyond Dredd in The Galaxy's Greatest.

Fungus

Seems to have just crossed over to the next page too.

Fantastic!

Clarkie1971

Amazing sketches! All 3 of mine got filled through the various cons that I have been too. Can I ask how you managed to get the sketches?  If you post them out how secure is it?

ming

Quote from: Clarkie1971 on 20 July, 2017, 09:37:40 PMCan I ask how you managed to get the sketches?  If you post them out how secure is it?

The books go from artist to artist; recorded delivery is the way to go for (relative) peace of mind.  As they bounce between counties, countries and continents I try not to think about it too much to be honest.  It'll all be done and dusted in a few more years I guess - then the books will finally come home!

Dash Decent

Quote from: ming on 18 July, 2017, 10:34:03 AM
Dan Lish has just blown my mind again...

D. Lish, that's d'lish!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Woolly

That Sean Phillips Dredd is the business, but to see this particular droid draw Armitage and Devlin again?
Sheer bliss!

If only he would return to Armitage full-time. It might make Tharg care about the character again...  :'(