Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2010 - 20th November

Started by adi, 17 October, 2010, 06:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Pete Wells

That's me doing an impression of my Stickleback sketch! I asked Matt to do something I could put on my covers blog, it was his idea for me to photoshop a cover inside the page Stickleback holding. I'm gonna do that but I also think I'll photo that photo in a few times like some kind of optical illustion that goes on forever...

Oh, and I'll scan all my sketches after I've done the pots.

Spaceghost

Hey Pete, we didn't actually meet but was that you who came up and showed Leigh Gallagher your Al Ewing sketch when I was talking to him? You know the one; "____ into the face of Dredd!"

Was that you?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Emperor on 22 November, 2010, 06:28:38 PM
D'Israeli has posted photos of people with their sketches:

http://disraeli-demon.blogspot.com/2010/11/thought-bubble-2010.html

The guy in the middle of the top row- I thought he was in the jungle! Don't tell me I'm A Celeb is fixed!?!?!

SBT

Pete Wells

QuoteHey Pete, we didn't actually meet but was that you who came up and showed Leigh Gallagher your Al Ewing sketch when I was talking to him? You know the one; "____ into the face of Dredd!"

Was that you?

Yeah, that was me, nice to kinda meet you Lee!

Spaceghost

Here's me being arrested by Dredd at Thought Bubble, apparently for the crime of having 2 chins...
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Richmond Clements

Great to meet everyone- particularly the youngsters, even though Dylan began to cry real tears when I had a turn at him- but at least I didn't have the same effect Stacey had on the boy!

Can't wait until next time!

stacey

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 22 November, 2010, 09:01:19 PM
Great to meet everyone- particularly the youngsters, even though Dylan began to cry real tears when I had a turn at him- but at least I didn't have the same effect Stacey had on the boy!

Can't wait until next time!

Maaaan, that boy HATED me! It's the effect I have on most boys, he was too little to do the running away part that usually comes after teh screaming! :-)

Pete Wells

Okay my lovelies, here are my 'sketches' in order of when I got 'em, with how much I paid for each...

For starters, this beautiful Peter Doherty painting. It was amazing watching him work.
Price: A handful of sheckels, a cuddle and some out of date crisps.

Next, this erm... beauty by Al Ewing.
Price: To be honest, Al got his girlfriend to pin me down while he violated my sketchbook with this filth. S'great though, innit? Excellent vein-work...

Moooving on, Gary Erksine did this beauty, despite 'not being confident' drawing Dredd!
Price: Two camels, a backrub and a Tina Turner Tape.

Next, an absolute hero of mine, Kev Walker, did this beautiful Dredd...
Price: A Chinese burn and a feel of my tummy.

I bothered Dean Ormston next and got this Dredd pencil sketch as he'd lost his markers.
Price: A presentation bath set and a song.

D'Israeli was a lovely chap who did me this Stickleback for my covers blog. He suggested I Photoshopped a Stickleback cover in the Prog he's holding.
Price: To stop humping his leg and to adhere to the laws of the restraining order.

Finally, the very lovely Boo Cook did this Dredd Un(Manhole)Covered drawing. It was great seeing the pleasure he got from drawing it (some employee guy was trying to shoo us out of the hall but Boo just kept on drawing) and when he'd finished actually said "I f*cking love drawing Dredd!" A genuinely lovely guy.
Price: I could only show you by pointing to parts of a teddybear...

I had a wonderful time, my only regret was I got the chance to briefly speak to Leigh Gallager but never got a sketch so was gutted... However, watch this space as I may well have something VERY exciting to show you later in the week! I will say no more...

CrazyFoxMachine

Cheers for sharing Mr Wells - bloody hell I feel silly about not coming up - D'Israeli AND Kev Walker?!

*head + desk = clear shame*

leebrown1990

Only dissapointment of the day was I jumped out of the Kev Walker qeue to go back to get my JRJR sketch; only to find out he was doing them strictly in numerical order and I could cut into my place ahead of the guys only after signings at any time  :'(

Never mind, and I`ll throw up my sketches soon.

Cheers,
Lee

"After 2,000 years of keeping them breeding inside the one bloodline, we're lucky the bastard doesn't have antennae."

leebrown1990

"After 2,000 years of keeping them breeding inside the one bloodline, we're lucky the bastard doesn't have antennae."

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Steven Sterlacchini

Bit late for a review, but I just wanted to say I had a brilliant time at TB2010.

It's got a great vibe and a superb guest list. As mentioned I was dressed up as the Stormtrooper and was accompanying Vader and the Judges. The crowds were a lot of fun. The guys dressed as Judges were laughing about how many people wanted to be beaten up in photos. ;)

I picked up a superb commission by Nigel Dobbyn, which I'll post a picture of when I get a chance to scan it in.

The only down side was that it went so quick, and when I actually caught up with people I didn't get much of a chance to chat (mainly due to Stormtrooper restrictions ;)) and when people did say hello they were just blur due to the visor fog. Sorry if I was a bit vague.

I was absolutely knackered by the end of the day, it would have been good to have had a longer chat with people.

It's not surprising that at lot of reviews refer to this as the 'best convention'.

Steven
P.S. my son won a prize for his Jango costume which he was very please about. He picked a very 'interesting' Japanese cartoon, which although PG will no doubt warp his little mind.