Main Menu

Fave Dredd artists (from previous thread)

Started by Thread Zero, 25 April, 2002, 09:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

I don't see any mention of the fantastic Garry Leach in any of these lists. How the mighty have fallen, from Miricle.. (sorry MARVELMAN and Dredd) to inking, that's inking - not even drawing - over shitboy - can't draw for toffee - boy I'm the luckiest man in comics - John McCrea on Hitman. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!!!! Bill Hicks was right, hacks thrive while the truly talented suffer.

Kev Walker and Colin McNeill should also be added to the list of greatest Dredd artists.

Unpty out...

W. R. Logan

>You mean to tell me no one here liked Bisley's wicked ass Dredd? Man, he really shaped the look for Dredd in the 90's I felt.  I know 10 million clones of him, that just goes to show what an influence his art was. So I say Bisley was my favorite.

Bisley was nothing but a mediocre Dredd artist, and didn't produce anything of great interest in his short Dredd career.

He never produced a Dredd for 2000AD and did the Heavy Metal Dredd series for the Megazine
A Mega-City Primer, Rock On, Tommy Who?, Chicken Run, The Legend of Johnny Biker, Ironfist, Night Before Christmas, The Great Arsoli, Bimba, and of Course Judgement On Gotham which was Probably his best Dredd artwork but again over rated.

His best artwork appeared on the Wagner/Grant poster series 'Shit The Dog' His work on Slaine and the ABC Warriors may have got everyone copying his style but his Dredd artwork, well not really something to rave about.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/megazine/thumbnails/1.14_thumb.jpg">

sigu

Ah, Shit The Dog.

I'm the proud owner of a complete set of these all signed by Alan Grant.

Possible Megazine reprint?

O Lucky Stevie!

>Possible Megazine reprint?

i second that, sigu!

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"