Main Menu

2000 AD two-in-one format (standard Prog + Regened) discussion

Started by IndigoPrime, 19 June, 2021, 11:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

Agree with everyone here that this would be a horrible idea that could seriously damage the Prog. Instead can we half and half Regened with reprints from Whizzer and Chips?
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Funt Solo

2000AD Regened Viz & Chips: Hatch, Match, Scratch 'n' Sniff.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

maryanddavid

Quote from: maryanddavid on 20 June, 2021, 01:16:37 AMI have found it hard to get my kids to read any 2000 AD
I'm intrigued Computer Warrior is going down so well with your nipper, given that it's a decidedly old-school strip based on ancient videogames!

I was surprised too, but hes into retro gaming, Gameboy etc and Stranger Things is very popular in the house so that might be a factor, he is devouring them!  He's starting to read a bit of Dan Dare and Amstor Computer too, I may have a convert :D

TBF Richard has long championed The Computer Warrior, but it would be a minefied to reprint I think.

Quote repair—IP

IndigoPrime

I for years tried to sort a Computer Warrior piece for Retro Gamer. I was initially rebuffed with a flat "no" by DDC Corp and then a "how much will you pay us?" When I later mentioned this was a magazine piece on the history of the strip, I finally got permission for single frame reprint use. Alas, it never then went anywhere, because at the time there were no quality scans online, and I didn't fancy splashing out a load of cash on back issues to scan for a feature the magazine was cool on, to say the least. I should probably do something with it one of these days though, given that I still have a (short) interview with Alan Grant deep in my email. (I never did get hold of John Wagner, though, who I was hoping might provide some additional memories.)

Oddly enough, I did have someone contact me recently about this—another freelancer was going to have a crack at the same story. Probably a smidgeon easier now. But they'll need to secure their own permissions and track down the creators...

pauljholden

Personally, I'd like to have a crack at some Dogman like stuff for 2000ad - that size and format, maybe a smidgeon more sophisticated artwork - but you know, a super kid friendly Sam Slade, a goofy junior Mean (and his wacky family)Machine or similar... that would be fun.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: pauljholden on 22 June, 2021, 03:25:31 PM
Personally, I'd like to have a crack at some Dogman like stuff for 2000ad - that size and format, maybe a smidgeon more sophisticated artwork - but you know, a super kid friendly Sam Slade, a goofy junior Mean (and his wacky family)Machine or similar... that would be fun.

I say get it pitched!

AlexF

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.