Main Menu

Alan McKenzie or Pete Milligan - Writers Solhiem Cup - Tie 3

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 June, 2021, 06:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Rogue Judge

rogue69

sintec

Tomwe

IndigoPrime

McKenzie deserves two points for Luke Kirby, but I'm taking one away for all the other shit he wrote. Milligan: god knows what's going on with Bad Company these days, but much of his other output has been solid.

MilliYESHECAN: 4 // McKenzie: 1

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 24 June, 2021, 11:50:25 AM
McKenzie deserves two points for Luke Kirby, but I'm taking one away for all the other shit he wrote. Milligan: god knows what's going on with Bad Company these days, but much of his other output has been solid.

MilliYESHECAN: 4 // McKenzie: 1

Classic era Milligan is one of the best.

Milligan 4 / McKenzie 1

DrJomster

Quote from: CalHab on 23 June, 2021, 03:23:30 PM
Zaucer was either Al Ewing and Peter Hogan on the first and second series respectively.

*Looks inside own brain and chastises it for going rogue and making stuff up!*
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

This one is drawing to a close. Will it be another confident victory for Team Current? Maybe they seem to have a strong start but you still have a day to get your votes in. Counting up in the morning.

As for me well this one is a little tough. The issue isn't who will win but how much to recognise the other writer. I really like a good chunk of what Alan McKenzie did in the Prog. Summer Magic is great I like Brigand Doom and yep Soul Gun Warrior really worked. Pete Milligan outside the Prog I find a bit hit and miss, Tharg however gets the best out of him. Forget Bad Company which we all know is fantastic (including the two most recent series), let's talk Counterfeit Girl, Shadows, The Dead, Sooner and Later, Hewligan's Haircut, Tribal Memories... so many mini classic. I'd like to give him a whitewash I enjoy his work so much BUT...

Alan McKenzie 1 : Pete Milligan 4

JayzusB.Christ

The joke has probably shaved a bit of my hair off as it flew over my head, but I just can't stop myself - Pete Milligan didn't write the Soul Gun stuff, did he?  He did the first Judge Planet though.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 June, 2021, 12:52:33 PM
The joke has probably shaved a bit of my hair off as it flew over my head, but I just can't stop myself - Pete Milligan didn't write the Soul Gun stuff, did he?  He did the first Judge Planet though.

Alan McKenzie wrote Soul Gun Warrior, though I could see why someone might think it was Pete Milligan.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Who wrote what aside there are few suprises here and Pete Milligan took an early lead and never let slip.

This is therefore another easy win for Tream Current, who have early doors run out a fleet of writers who bridge the generations and written in both eras suggesting that this excerise is even more pointless than my normal fare BUT its fun. So the strong strong by Team Current continues and Team Classic need to get going soon or this could be a rout.

Team Current 3 : Team Classic 0

Team Current 199 : Team Classic 101

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 June, 2021, 06:25:55 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 June, 2021, 12:52:33 PM

Alan McKenzie wrote Soul Gun Warrior, though I could see why someone might think it was Pete Milligan.

Ahh.  I thought it was Shaky himself who wrote it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"