Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincnash

In the light of a new day I thought "passable, don't be so hard on yourself".
Really happy with the custom FINK from the neck down (and Ratty).
The head-sculpt needs another dry-brush and weather, maybe twice.

Used the DEATH head, cut away the "grill" and top of the helmet.
Filed the remaining helmet into a rough "skull" shape.
Industrial Bonder to fill out the cheeks,chin,brow etc.
Moulded the (lack of) lips and nose around the DEATH teeth.
Fabricated 2 "eyeballs" from plastic model kit sprue.
Fabricated Bowler Hat with plastic card and a round button.
A 35mm paint brush donated the hair.

Hands and Dagger from a DURHAM RED figure.
Rat and pouch from a 1/6 U.S. Vietnam soldier.
Ratty's Bowler hat , 1/35 WW1 soldier helmet.
Pizen symbols, 1/35 Tank decals.

Spiked mace, Stone club, Sling/ball, Pizen bottles, Denim shorts, belts, shoes, pouches.
All scratch built from material, twine, kit sprue, Bonder, SupaGlue (and a stone).  :D

Body, double dry-brushed with very dilute, Humbrol Olive Green  :P
Feet trimmed down to a more "human" size.
All shorts, pouches, weapons etc. painted, dry-brushed, weathered.
Assembled for the above pics.

FINK ANGEL is drying from detailing to the head and weathering again.
I'll post more pics when I think he is 100% complete. :D

lincnash

While the Ozzers/Radbackers are awake, the rest of the 2000AD Universe is asleep  :D
I think FINK ANGEL is as good as I'm gunna get him.
In natural light he looks great.
Digital pic's show imperfections (face/hand colour a bit "off").

But I do feel FINK is good enough to grace a Bolland cover.  :)

teckno viking

Fantastic :D

It is great to see 3A DEATH be turned into FINK.

There are some skulls out there 1/12 scale if you ever want to revisit the head. Though this is Great :D

INSPIRED plus Mean has just asked where his Kin was, so guess will need sort him out a visit, along with a rather special Boy ;)

Again lincnashOZ, Fantastic drokkin job.

shaolin_monkey

You may recall my enormous cock-up, ordering the B&W Dredd and Lawmaster by mistake?

First of all, many thanks to the forumutes who messaged me and offered to take it off my hands - I really appreciate your support.

Anyway, I got in touch with 3A, explained my tremendous mistake, and asked nicely if I could send it back and get the standard colour version as a replacement. They very kindly agreed.

This turned up today:

http://scowlingmonkey-blog.tumblr.com/post/156927735312/happy-monkey-dredd-2000ad

I am an extraordinarily happy monkey!! :D

I want to take this opportunity to thank 3A for their absolutely fantastic customer service. I was one of the folk waiting and waiting for it to turn up originally, and may have posted some slightly whiny posts about it here.

I take it all back. Their emails to me recently have been so courteous and helpful. The turnaround from me sending the B&W version back to them and them sending the standard version to me has been incredibly quick - so much so I didn't expect it for another couple of weeks, so today was such a lovely surprise!

Hats off to you 3A, you rock!! :D

teckno viking

Fantastic News shaolin_monkey and Great you got to swap them.

I have to echo your praise to CS as Just this moment received my replacement LAWMASTER. MONGROL has been kept FAR AWAY from them!

Communication and service was top notch and considering they sent around the CNY, again Kudos to them.

My Lawmaster fleet Looks REALLY Bright now with all having working lights. Plus it was an experience Destroying a Lawmaster & Glad I got some photo fun along the way of its destruction.

teckno viking

"DEMOCRACY Is Not For you Citizens.
Just look back to the early 21st Century and how Democracy affected the USA. A democratic Elected President took office. Alas Democratic citizens destroyed, looted, Raped, Murdered on the illusion that they should have their choice in power.
Democracy then Lost all credibility. Crime rose and the Law Officers, Courts could not cope. That Is Why the Judges were Created.
This is Why the JUDGES Will Stay. Democracy and citizens with that Ideal Cannot be trusted.
I AM The LAW!"

teckno viking

teckno viking

Another Poser tribute. This time to Mr Robinson.

shaolin_monkey

Could someone please post pics of where the rear battery compartment is please, and how to open it?

Ta! :D

Dandontdare

It's not at the rear - one compartment can be found by prising the top off the twoced microwave forward display screen, the other is more fiddly - it's the small black box between the screen and the shield, just in front of the handlebars, but is trickier to get fat fingers in to!

Great photos TechnoViking!

lincnash

Did 3A Lawmaster come with a picture diagram instruction sheet for the Batteries ?.
I will have to dig out my packaging to check, I may be confused with the Mezco.

teckno, Cheers for the kind coments on my first ever custom.
I tried for the McMahon, early/origin era FINK (pumpkin-size head and big feet  :D).
He displays well beside the other 3A 2000AD baddies.

Your "shiny fleet" is Drokkin' awsome, Sector House "teckno" is getting full.

lincnash

I just had to check that the Lawmaster included instructions.
Check your packaging s_monk, may still be in the foam.
here's a dodgy pic.

shaolin_monkey

Thanks for the replies folks - I did get that slip showing where the batteries went, but didn't understand it.  Now I know the compartment that confused me is on the front bonnet of the bike, so cheers for that!

teckno viking

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 07 February, 2017, 09:15:37 PM
Did 3A Lawmaster come with a picture diagram instruction sheet for the Batteries ?.
I will have to dig out my packaging to check, I may be confused with the Mezco.

teckno, Cheers for the kind coments on my first ever custom.
I tried for the McMahon, early/origin era FINK (pumpkin-size head and big feet  :D).
He displays well beside the other 3A 2000AD baddies.

Your "shiny fleet" is Drokkin' awsome, Sector House "teckno" is getting full.

You did an awesome Job mate so Credit where it is due.
I had contemplated doing similar but had no idea Death was all Green bodied. As a Lot of 3A bodies when stripped come in a whole array of colours. 
So Renewed interest in FINK thanks to you. Now trying to find a 2nd Judge DEATH jeep or maybe FEAR as I can an idea for that Black suit of his too (well may as well use parts up too). Plus my mean Machine maybe, Maybe happy to see his Kin LOL

As for my shiny fleet, Hoping to increase it during the year ;) Never have enough Lawmasters, moreso due to what 15 Judges so far (3A & Mezco with a several female customes Judges (cannot wait for 3A female Judges).

dweezil2

Is that a 1/12 Tharg I spy in today's Thrill-mail?  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo