Main Menu

UNDT Round 3, Heat 16: Devlin Waugh Vs Nikolai Dante

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 September, 2020, 06:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

"You really must introduce me to your family. Your sister seems like she'd be absolutely devine company."

"Yeah and I'd be fascinated to meet this Titti character. Still shame one of us will end up doing that whole brooding reluctant victory thing, scowling at the personal price of victory."

Devlin Waugh (Devlin Waugh) - more info

OR

Nikolai Dante (Nikolai Dante) - more info

Leave the name of the character you like most in a reply to this thread and I'll count up and call the winner early in the morning Monday 7th September.

'Rules' and what not, for what they are worth

And there's more about the structure of the tournament to be read

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Magnetica

AlexF

Much as I prefer the overall saga of Dante, I'd generally be more excited to read new adventures of Devlin Waugh.

The Enigmatic Dr X

One is a silver tongued swordsman. The other is... Dante
Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

Tomwe

JayzusB.Christ

I thought Dante was a bit of a dick; and only really warmed to him in the last few years of the strip. But the stories themselves were great, and got better and better as time went on.

Swimming in Blood was ridiculously good, but never really matched in the sequels. 

But I'm going by character alone here.  Dante is essentially am occasionally-annoying mix of Robin Hood and Han Solo; Waugh is a posh gay violent vampire with a taste for fine wines and watercolours, and a body like Schwarzenegger's.

TL;DR - Waugh.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

abelardsnazz

Difficult as they are both great, but on balance it has to be Devlin.

Dandontdare

Colin YNWA

And when I call this one early tomorrow Round 3 will be done and we'll be looking ahead to THE MERGING and Round 4. This one seems clear but a low vote count suggests it could swing so get those votes in.

Bolt-01