Main Menu

UNDT Round 4 Heat 4: Torquemada vs Slaine

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 September, 2020, 06:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

In the Red corner appearing on Traffic Cops since Prog 167 . I've always assumed  the TomTom Sat Nav was named as his wife's pet name for him its

Tomas de Torquemada (Nemesis the Warlock) - more info

In the blue corner, straddling horses between his manly thighs since Prog 330. He looks like Clint Langley in Photoshop its

Slaine MacRoth (Slaine) - more info

Leave the name of the character you like most in a reply to this thread and I'll count up and call the winner early in the morning Monday 14th September.

'Rules' and what not, for what they are worth

And there's more about the structure of the tournament to be read

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

rogue69

WhizzBang

broodblik

sheridan

Winner of the 1984 Eagle Award for best villain...

I truck with Torque!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Be pure! Be vigliant! Be voting for Torquemada
Lock up your spoons!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

It should be Torquemada. Hes 2000ADs number one villain. But, I vote for Slaine- because his strips have entertained me more than any other over the past 40 years. And bad guys should lose.

SBT

Tomwe

Tomas de Torquemada flip-flopped on this one!

Bolt-01

Torquemada

(and lovely to see a Kevlev poster too - miss you, fella!)

Magnetica

Toughest possible choice.

Slaine is just engrained in my childhood.

Torquemada is the greatest villain in 2000AD ever.

Both are iconic.

But I have always assumed this contest would come down to a Johnny Alpha versus Torquemada final.

So very very reluctantly I'm not going for the Sessair's finest and say:

"No I'm with Torquemada".

paddykafka

I'm going with Torquemada, in the hopes of a final bout between him and Nemesis.

JayzusB.Christ

Torquemada is possibly the best bad guy I've ever seen in any type of fiction. But Slaine has been an intrinsic part of my life since I was very small and brought Irish myths to life for me in a way that my schoolbooks couldn't come close to.

So, even though he should probably hang up his axe, the Axeman winneth.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"