Main Menu

Dredd:Blu Ray review

Started by chuffsteruk, 18 December, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

MercZ

Maybe I'm slow but I just noticed the entry for the Dredd Blu-Ray and DVD on the US Amazon

DVD+Digital Copy
http://www.amazon.com/Dredd-Digital-Copy-Karl-Urban/dp/B009YQJ322/

DVD+Digital Copy+Ultraviolet (for some reason the box on this one is pictured wider)
http://www.amazon.com/Dredd-Blu-ray-Digital-Copy-UltraViolet/dp/B005LAII80/

Blu-ray (+digital, ultraviolet)
http://www.amazon.com/Dredd-Blu-ray-Digital-Copy-UltraViolet/dp/B005LAII80/

COMMANDO FORCES

Cheers, only £35 and that includes the p&p

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MercZ on 01 January, 2013, 03:10:50 AM
DVD+Digital Copy+Ultraviolet (for some reason the box on this one is pictured wider)

It's the blu-ray boxes that are shorter than the DVD's so it looks wider in the picture.

DKCX

Why is it that we suffer the worst cover of all the world wide releases?
The normal Australian covers are nicely done.
Really pissed off at EIV's cover even more.

MercZ

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 01 January, 2013, 03:33:35 AM
Quote from: MercZ on 01 January, 2013, 03:10:50 AM

It's the blu-ray boxes that are shorter than the DVD's so it looks wider in the picture.

I see that now, I had misread up the thing as another DVD edition, rather than the blu-ray combo.

Pete Wells

So, as I understand it, or not as the case may be, at present we have:

UK DVD - Film and 8 featurettes £10
UK Blu-Ray - 2D and 3D versions, 8 featurettes £13
Aussie Blu-Ray - Film (will this work in the UK?) and 8 featurettes, plus comic (prequel?) and what the fork is an O Ring? £35
USA Blu-Ray - 3D Film and 8 featurettes, plus digital download (will this work in the UK?) plus UV (will this work in the UK?) £13.50 + p&p
USA DVD plus digital download (will this work in the UK?) - film plus 8 featurettes £11.70 (plus postage)

So, which one do we buy?

MR. ELIMINATOR

I think I am gonna go for the US dvd if it works in the Uk.

Michaelvk

Methinks the UK 2D/3D bluray for myself and for my dad, as well as dvd's for my siblings and mother so none of them have to pirate the fecking thing..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

radiator

I'll wait - I'm going to see it in the cinema again on Friday so I'm in no deaperate hurry to get a copy. I'll probably wait to see if any territories get a special edition or steelbook (Germany is a possibility), and maybe pick up the standard UK Blu ray to tide me over when it drops to under a tenner after a few weeks.

The Aussie edition looks nice but I ain't paying all that extra for what is basically just a cardboard sleeve.

Michaelvk

You know certain individuals will buy them all anyway..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

COMMANDO FORCES

This is why our beloved film didn't do the numbers, some of you are not putting the effort in. DO YOU NOT WANT A SEQUEL ;)

Goaty

I am going to buy the Blu-Ray 3D/2D at HMV on the day it out and DVD too! Dammit get it, drokkers!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Michaelvk on 01 January, 2013, 04:05:11 PM
You know certain individuals will buy them all anyway..
I'll certainly be getting as many as possible. Being a proud film buff and head of the college film society I pride myself on hunting down foreign editions of some of my fave films. I've lost count of how many copys of the original Wicker Man I own.  :lol: