Main Menu

Meg 454: Final Flight

Started by IndigoPrime, 13 March, 2023, 09:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Credo! on 22 March, 2023, 01:27:24 AMI entirely understand that you hate the MC2 stuff. But, to answer your question - I'd rather MC2 than The Leopard from Lime Street. See, it's just a matter of taste.

On a purely factual level, MC2 does try to honor the milieu. It's set in the past (of the current Dredd timeline), so CJ Goodman has sent Dredd on a mission. MC2 was never really depicted with any detail, so it's a blend of a Mega-City with the tropes of the west coast of the USA: which is pretty much exactly what they did with Texas City in The Judge Child. And Dredd's a grumpy stickler - which is true to the character.

You're still allowed to hate it, but saying it doesn't fit the setting is a bit off the mark.

Seriously? SMH :-[

It's garbage, and bears no resemblance to Dredd's world whatsoever. Here are some actual facts. We have encountered MC2 before in overview and several times its judges directly, there is simply no comparison. Saying it is even remotely true to Dredd's character is also trying to polish the proverbial t***. Sorry, but you are so wide of the mark here it's untrue.

Richard

The art on MC2 is do shit I'm not even reading it. But from what I've read in this thread, I think the artist may have done me a favour!

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 06 April, 2023, 05:21:59 PM
Quote from: Credo! on 22 March, 2023, 01:27:24 AMI entirely understand that you hate the MC2 stuff. But, to answer your question - I'd rather MC2 than The Leopard from Lime Street. See, it's just a matter of taste.

On a purely factual level, MC2 does try to honor the milieu. It's set in the past (of the current Dredd timeline), so CJ Goodman has sent Dredd on a mission. MC2 was never really depicted with any detail, so it's a blend of a Mega-City with the tropes of the west coast of the USA: which is pretty much exactly what they did with Texas City in The Judge Child. And Dredd's a grumpy stickler - which is true to the character.

You're still allowed to hate it, but saying it doesn't fit the setting is a bit off the mark.

Seriously? SMH :-[

It's garbage, and bears no resemblance to Dredd's world whatsoever. Here are some actual facts. We have encountered MC2 before in overview and several times its judges directly, there is simply no comparison. Saying it is even remotely true to Dredd's character is also trying to polish the proverbial t***. Sorry, but you are so wide of the mark here it's untrue.

Rather a lot of absolutism going on there. Reflect a little: try to comprehend the difference between "facts" and your opinions. Recognize that those are two different things. Open your mind.

You say there's no comparison - but in my opinion, there is. We can agree to differ. I found that setting it in the past allowed them some creative freedom. Their Judge system could be different in the past. You haven't provided a cogent counter-argument to that point.

You say I'm wrong about Dredd's character - but having him as a violent stickler (like when he goes to Oz and shoots a boarder in the leg for buzzing him) is exactly true to how he's sometimes portrayed. I don't mind you disagreeing - but it's a bit lazy to just wave it away without an argument and deploy the turds.

Quote from: Richard on 06 April, 2023, 07:53:10 PMThe art on MC2 is do shit I'm not even reading it. But from what I've read in this thread, I think the artist may have done me a favour!

You could be a little nicer / more constructive. If I said you were "shit", I'd be guilty of being abusive. So, I'm very carefully not saying you're shit. Richard: not shit.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

A.Cow

Quote from: Credo! on 08 April, 2023, 01:27:11 AMSo, I'm very carefully not saying you're shit. Richard: not shit.

You're going to be sooo embarrassed if it turns out his full name is "Richard Shit".

nxylas

Quote from: A.Cow on 08 April, 2023, 01:05:49 PM
Quote from: Credo! on 08 April, 2023, 01:27:11 AMSo, I'm very carefully not saying you're shit. Richard: not shit.

You're going to be sooo embarrassed if it turns out his full name is "Richard Shit".
I know the guy. Don't know his brother Jack, though.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Credo! on 22 March, 2023, 01:27:24 AMRather a lot of absolutism going on there. Reflect a little: try to comprehend the difference between "facts" and your opinions. Recognize that those are two different things. Open your mind.

You say there's no comparison - but in my opinion, there is. We can agree to differ. I found that setting it in the past allowed them some creative freedom. Their Judge system could be different in the past. You haven't provided a cogent counter-argument to that point.

You say I'm wrong about Dredd's character - but having him as a violent stickler (like when he goes to Oz and shoots a boarder in the leg for buzzing him) is exactly true to how he's sometimes portrayed. I don't mind you disagreeing - but it's a bit lazy to just wave it away without an argument and deploy the turds.

Rather a lot of patronising going on here. Why don't you open your mind, reflect a little -recognise that when something when something so bad, so Grud damned awful as this is served up to the readership-they are going to call it out for what it is -utter garbage:-[  :-[  :-[

They won't write a thesis to provide a step by step critique each time.

Anyone ( apparently almost anyone) who has read Dredd for any significant period would instantly recognise how totally off the mark, both in world, and character this was. You don't need to be walked through it. Your Rian Johnson 'creative freedom' defence is not going to wash with anyone, nor you just repeating the word 'stickler'.

I hope the Megazine sees sense and never publishes this kind of IDW craopla again.

Funt Solo

(I expect we'll have to agree to disagree. Mind you - you haven't actually bothered to ask me whether I enjoy the IDW content.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++