Main Menu

Early Frendz storyline help

Started by Al_Ewing, 14 April, 2008, 05:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Ewing

I remember Dredd busting a club that ate endangered species in one of the early Nero Narcos appearances - the story had Vitus Dance in it, Ezquerra art. Does anyone remember the name of the club?

Cheers,
Al
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Noisybast

No, but I'll have a look when I get home, if my brain remembers.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Noisybast

Just checked my copy of The Scorpion Dance and the answer is "dunno".

The 303 Club was the home of the gladiatorial pit fights in Beyond The Call Of Duty, with art by Carlos Ezquerra. Vitus Dance is nowhere to be seen.

Dance does show up later on in The Scorpion Dance featuring art by John Burns. He holes up in Nero Narcos' Muscle Club. No endangered species on the menu, though.

I'm guessing you're looking for an earlier appearance by Dance. Sadly, there's no Thargnote indicating when this might have happened and I appear to be missing the relevant progs.

If it's any help, The Scorpion Dance started in Prog 1125, so it would be before that. I'd hazard a guess it's somewhere in the gap between Beyond The Call Of Duty and The Scorpion Dance, which would make it Progs 1111-1124.

judgerussell

I think it was something like the bongo club.

86% sure thats right.

I'm sure someone will find out for sure though.

The Monarch

I think he is referring to the bad frendz story from somewhere in the 950ish which had the very first appearance of dance

satchmo

Bongo was the Frendz villain in The Pit, he had a big night club, I think Giant goes in undercover. So it could be that!
How many stories was Vitus Dance in?

Noisybast

The Bongo Club appears in Bongo War(Progs 992 to 999). While Ezquerra does supply art for 2 episodes, Vitus Dance does not appear in this story.

The Monarch

This is nagging me...I'm going to check up on it once I log off...

Its nagging me as I know I have the issues at hand

Noisybast

Gotcha. Bad Frendz ran in progs 955-959. Art by Ezquerra. First episode sees a meeting of the unimagintively named Endangered Species Club, who meet at the Gourmet Club.

Well spotted, Monarch.

The Monarch

Thank you, you have saved me a couple of hours looking through my filing cabinet.

Keef Monkey

Has this ad been going around for a while? Just saw it for the first time. Think My H. Monster has been watching The Mighty Boosh (or his market research guys have).

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaB7Q-9uwp4" target="_blank">Sugar Puffs crimpfest

Trout

And I hope this means Al's doing a Dredd.

Nice one!

Al_Ewing

Cheers, all - that's just what I needed.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.