Main Menu

East Meg One Judge build

Started by teckno viking, 03 March, 2014, 12:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teckno viking

Hi all,

Just figured I would share some work in progress shots of my Comic (Apocalypse War) based Sov Judge costume.

My good friend who you guys may have seen did the HONDO Judge has been assisting with input when I needed it.
We felt we wanted to bring an International flavour to the Judges appearing at events.

So to start with.

I made the basic helmet shape using a Plant cover that was re-enforced with an epoxy-resin. Same way as the Hondo Judge Helmet was made by my friend.

Then with a some work ended up with this. (The visor is a welders visor and also added a Soviet Pin).

So that is the helmet completed.

Next the badge.
Alas it was truly difficult to get a perfect image from the comics, so John and moreso Carlos have been Very kind with their time talking about the Sov Judge and Carlos with sharing some large emailed images to use as ref.

I took the image and went to work sketching a mock up. Then started building one in layers of Plastic card.

I opted to actually have the Name in Russian so went with VIKING and translated that.

Finished badge with removable name plate (plan on doing a few others)

Next to a 2012 DREDD badge

teckno viking

I had a Cloak commissioned.

So a quick test fit of Helmet, cloak and Badge methinks.

Lastly have finished Shoulder pads. Foam inner with Red Leather covering.
Just need to attach press studs to them and the Cloak for fastening. Also need add STAR image to one of the pads.

Bolt-01

Wow, good work on all this. I met the Hondo Judge at Thought Bubble last year and was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the build. I look forward to seeing you at later events too.

Steve Green

Cool, great to see other world judges!

I notice that the hammer and sickle emblem flips depending on the artist - I was curious whether it was originally to distinguish East Meg from the real Russian flag.

The Megacity eagle tends to point to the right, compared to the current USA eagle (urban myth has it that one is a peacetime version since it's looking towards the olive branches, and the other would look towards the arrows)

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/turnhead.asp

judda fett

Good work Teckno Viking. I look forward to seeing the costume complete. Good to see some props/ costume work here.

teckno viking

Thanks for the very kind words.

@Bolt1, I do indeed plan to be at Thought Bubble this year with fellow International Liaison Judge from HONDO Cit.

@Steve Green, Agreed most of Carlos art is flipped if memory serves. However the Pin I actually used on the helmet is an Actual Soviet pin. The Hammer n Sickle I sculpted for the badge I did in the flipped style of Carlos.

@Judda Fett, Thanks and hope to have some more Justice prop/costumes coming soon.

Steve Green

Hi,

yeah, I was just curious if Carlos flipped it for a reason.

Cheers

Steve

judda fett

Looking forward to the articulated figures and Lawmaster!

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

teckno viking

Again Thank You so much. Photos soon of the articulated figures and Lawmaster.

With the Sov Judge build. I am adding a curved metal strip to each of the Red Leather (Foam padded) shoulder pads for a better fit. Then press stud attachments.
So the pads can go either on the cloak or the Leather Jacket.

@Steve Green, Honestly not asked that question to Carlos. Curious now on the very same reason LOL
Maybe as the Apocalypse War was written during the Cold War, he did not want the Soviet Union targeting His HOME? So he flipped the symbol lol
Or maybe as they progressed through WWIII and rebuilt East Meg ONE & TWO that the Judicial Depts decided on the slight change?

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

locustsofdeath!

Yeah, outstanding work. I've always loved the look of Sov Judges.