Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 26 April, 2014, 12:47:55 PM
It's from another forum that I frequent!!! >:(

What the hell kind of place is this forum you frequent???

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 18 April, 2014, 09:58:44 PM
.....the other guy's death was mentioned in another forum that I frequent!!!

A forum were some bloke who's name you cant recall/be bothered to type out again is 'mentioned' in passing as having died?

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 April, 2014, 01:06:22 PM
I think their point is... well, this thread was never supposed to be a trainspotter's obsessive death inventory, Batson. It's somewhere to mark the passing of someone you knew, or a creator whose work you always admired, a muscian you've been a fan of for years, someone who maybe had links with Tooth...

^ This.

TordelBack

Quote from: mogzilla on 26 April, 2014, 12:59:40 PM
A 10 yr old lad I've looked after for many years passed away from his degenerative condition last week..cant post his name for confidential reasons but he was a lovely lad and will be missed by us all. :'(

That's impossibly rough, Mogz.  My sympathies to you and the lad's family.

GordonR

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 April, 2014, 01:06:22 PM
I think their point is... well, this thread was never supposed to be a trainspotter's obsessive death inventory, Batson. It's somewhere to mark the passing of someone you knew, or a creator whose work you always admired, a muscian you've been a fan of for years, someone who maybe had links with Tooth...

You seem to just link to any old death-related article for the sake of doing so. I mean... do you support Barcelona FC? Has their former manager's loss affected you particularly? Or at all? Had you even heard of him before now?

What he said.

You might also want to rethink the multiple exclamation marks!!! thing when announcing that someone has died.  Together with the brevity of your posts, It gives every unfortunate impression of you, tumescent with excitement, rushing back here to break the big news before anyone else.

Batman's Superior Cousin

So sorry, was never ever meant to sound disrespectful. The forum is the GameFAQs 313 (UK) board, which has a RIP topic every other week. As for the exclamation marks, they're a force of habit.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

GordonR

It's okay. You just need to calm down a little (well, okay - a lot) when it comes to posting about peoples' deaths.

As someone said, it's not a trainspotting competition, where every celebrity or semi-celebrity death has to be breathlessly reported as soon as possible. If you haven't heard of the person, then give it a miss. If the person doesn't really mean much to you, then leave the reporting to someone else who does care or has more to say other than "------------- has died!!!"

And no multiple exclamation marks. Seriously. It really doesn't look good with stuff like this.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Aye, force of habit, sorry.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Bat King

Thoughts with you Mogz
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: mogzilla on 26 April, 2014, 12:59:40 PM
A 10 yr old lad I've looked after for many years passed away from his degenerative condition last week..cant post his name for confidential reasons but he was a lovely lad and will be missed by us all. :'(
Jesus. I'm sorry to hear that mog, I hope all parties involved are coping well.

mogzilla

i imagine the family will be suffering even though it was expected and to be honest a blessing .unfortunately its also the shit bit of my job having to say goodbye to children...luckily its not too regular an occurance .cheers guys
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Texts from Last Night

Frank

Considering what he had coming to him through serious illness, that's a relief. He always took bad news well.

von Boom

I'm shocked at the passing of Bob Hoskins. He was a fine actor and will be missed. RIP Bob.  :(

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: sauchie on 30 April, 2014, 02:26:59 PM

Considering what he had coming to him through serious illness, that's a relief. He always took bad news well.

A master piece of acting, you can feel every emotion he goes through. RIP

COMMANDO FORCES

Sad news indeed and a bloody shock to me!